SASS Wire Forum

WTS Deerskin Jacket & Pants

Hawknose Bill

My friend wishes to sell this pair of pants and matching jacket. Made by a company called Santa Fe Leather Co. in the 1970's, the items are made of cream deerskin and is butter-soft. In the closeups, you can see the embossed horses on the back yoke of the jacket.

Size of the pants is: 31" waist, 30" inseam; size of the jacket is 38.

here is a link to the photos: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=351ac71ba6710f56&sc=photos&id=351AC71BA6710F56%21440

My friend is asking $400.00 for the both of them, but says he will entertain any reasonable offer. If interested, e-mail him directly at kip1958@gmail.com

Skinny lil' guy ain't he?! B)

I usta coulda wore these a few (ok maybe not-so-few) years ago. :rolleyes:

Maybe he "expanded" too!! :lol:

Harvey

Those would have fit me .... up until about 25 years ago ......

I hear ya, Pard!

I hear ya, Pard!

I don't think they would have fit me when the Doctor spanked me and tried to make me cry !lol

They will fit me ,but may be hot here in Texas.

They will fit me ,but may be hot here in Texas.

I've heard the leather keeps the moisture in longer and make you feel cooler.I've been wanting to try it. Nancy

"fi-nancy" hasn't allowed me to do so.

I've heard the leather keeps the moisture in longer and make you feel cooler.I've been wanting to try it. Nancy

I do a lot of 18th century reenacting and I have a deerskin frock coat that I wear, along with deerskin leggings and moccasins. admittedly, they're hot on an Indiana summer day (with a zillion percent humidity), but not as hot as you would think - especially in the southwest, where the humidty isn't suffocating. Cowhide would kill you. Deerskin "breathes."

I'm not sure what it does but I wore a leather shirt in southern cal and in colorado in the summer, it sounds strange but it wasnt that hot .... keeps ya kewl in the summer and warm in the winter .... strange... or maybe its just me and my imagination .... i did get an awful lot of funny looks from people thinking i was crazy i reckon..

I'm not sure what it does but I wore a leather shirt in southern cal and in colorado in the summer, it sounds strange but it wasnt that hot .... keeps ya kewl in the summer and warm in the winter .... strange... or maybe its just me and my imagination .... i did get an awful lot of funny looks from people thinking i was crazy i reckon..

Funny looks? heck, them's jist pilgrims - they don't know no better. Let 'em look at ya funny - while they all blend into the herd!

• 3 weeks later...

BTT

Archived