SASS Wire Forum

To Pards on the Eastern Seaboard

Cypress Sun

Hurricane Irene is forecast to be a Category 4 hurricane by tommorrow. Although I wasn't in the Miami area during Hurricane Andrew, I did witness the incredible destruction 1st hand serveral weeks later. Folks, this storm has the potential to cause extreme damage and is not to be taken lightly.

If you are in the projected path of this storm, I strongly urge you to start your preparations NOW. Please don't wait until it is 24 hours away to start. Get your supplies and board up as soon as you can. I just can't stress how much early precations will help you out in the long run.

Please take care and good luck.

Cypress Sun

Latest predictions shows it raking the entire east coast before making landfall most likely on Long Island. As above, I've spent plenty of time in the aftermath of a cat 5 storm, and they are no joke. This monster could still slam into LF or anywhere north of that. Let's hope it stays somewhat at sea until it gets waaaaay north and runs low on energy. Nova Scotia would be good, LOL.

Home is easy-bring in the little grill I usually keep outside.

Work is a bit harder. The boss has arranged for a semi trailer to put some things in that would be ruined by a heave rain. We are a greenhouse supplier, so there are large pots and containers we store outside. They will blow all over if we don't get them secured somehow.

I figure it will be a Cat 1 storm by the time it gets here to Long Island. If were lucky it will be pushed off shore before it gets here.

Looking at lots of rain and high winds here in NH, well at least according to the weather clowns on TV, right now. AJ I'm with you and hope this will get pushed father out to sea and just drench us with rain. Looks like we are going to get some practice Thursday evening as well with a strong front supposed to be coming in with you guessed it high winds and heavy rain.

With two shoots this weekend, the Sig academy on Saturday and Newtown on Sunday I'm looking at maybe going to Sig and unfortunatley giving Newton a pass. Such are the vagaries of living in New England.

Archived