SASS Wire Forum

POLE BARN HOUSE= Poor phone reception

I'm not a cell phone expert but I'd call myself an educated user. You might try this website to start... http://cellphoneboosterstore.com/

It depends upon what kind of cell phone you have...does it use the GSM (AT&T/Tmobile) or CDMA (Verizon) band? You can browse by band type on this website. It's been a little while since I've looked at these solutions but if I recall you are looking at a $300-$500 cost.

There are a fair number of amplifiers and antennas available. If you have a metal siding house you'd do well to put the antenna on either your rooftop or the side of the house facing the nearest cell site to get the most direct line-of-sight signal to the cell towers around you.

You could go to your cell phone supplier's store and inquire there...they should be able to direct you to someone in their technical support area. Sometimes, however, it is more a customer-no-service instead of customer service....YMMV.

Hopes this at least gives you a place to start.

It's commonly called a land line! I'm no techno geek, but I don't know of anything. Last pickup I had had a reflector antenna from Radio Shack. Don't think they make them anymore. It helped somewhat but wasn't magic. Digital cell phones just

S*CK! :angry:

JHC (what misses his Motorola bag phone that really worked) :angry:

Archived