SASS Wire Forum

inexpensive hunt

evil dogooder

Looking to find a way to go on an inexpensive big game hunt. My brother and I always wanted to go with my father hunting as of now the three of us never have. My father and I hunt deer here, but we would really like to make it possible for my brother to join too. If anyone knows somewhere or could recomend a guide that is in between utah, where my brother lives, and minnesota where my father and I live I would be greatly appreciative. Not really picky on what game. And tge more rustic the better. We don't really go for all the extras. Plus without them it would be more economical.

I know I could look up places on the internet but id rather have feed back fron my sass pards

Thanks

Evil dogooder

If you are wanting to hunt really big game with single shot buffalo guns I suggest Ted Turners Ranch near Gordan, Nebraska. This is a walkin hunt covering up to 7-10 miles in sand hill country. I have been told the good ole boys from Shiloh test their Sharps there.

If you are wanting to hunt really big game with single shot buffalo guns I suggest Ted Turners Ranch near Gordan, Nebraska. This is a walkin hunt covering up to 7-10 miles in sand hill country. I have been told the good ole boys from Shiloh test their Sharps there.

Key words I think was economical and inexpensive!!!!.....Anything of Teds ain't...I live close to his vermejo park ranch........If y'all want to hunt antelope with a stick or a 7mm.........contact me I'm cheap...TUCO.

I'd think that hunting bear would qualify as BIG GAME. Research where you can get a bear tag / permit. Go hunt for a bear. No guide, no accomidations, sleep in a tent or a camper. Bears are BIG GAME. Make good rugs too :)

Go south for hogs. You can find some inexpensive hunts.

Some are big enough to make you believe they are big game.

They also can have enough of an attitude to make you wish for a bigger gun.

Don't know what state you're fro or where you want to hunt but just FYI non resident licenses for big game can be very expensive.

Here in Wyoming you can purchase a Jackalope license over the counter and they are dirt cheap! Just beware tho ...you have to shoot bucks only! :blush:

Go south for hogs. You can find some inexpensive hunts.

Some are big enough to make you believe they are big game.

They also can have enough of an attitude to make you wish for a bigger gun.

Thanks for the idea but as my father and I work in hog farms every day we would probably pass on hunting them

Evil dogooder

Key words I think was economical and inexpensive!!!!.....Anything of Teds ain't...I live close to his vermejo park ranch........If y'all want to hunt antelope with a stick or a 7mm.........contact me I'm cheap...TUCO.

I didn't think I got a bad deal from hunting on Turners's ranch. Seems like for around $800.00 I got a big cow buff, a hide the is covering a bed and enough beef for a year in my deep freezer and a challenging hunt.

I didn't think I got a bad deal from hunting on Turners's ranch. Seems like for around $800.00 I got a big cow buff, a hide the is covering a bed and enough beef for a year in my deep freezer and a challenging hunt.

No that doesn't sound bad but it's just more than we can do. Plus none of us have a sharps. Our options are. 30-06, 7.62-54r, 30-30, 357. Or in pistol 45 or 357

Some day I hope to have a big buff gun but for now diapers are more important

My brother does not shoot much anymore. So for him it would have to be a max range of 200 yrds my father is a little better so he's good to about three hundred. I've shot out to 1000 but id never hunt at that range.

Although ill definitely keep him on mind for my freezer filling hunt.

Thank you

Evil dogooder

Archived