SASS Wire Forum

Git a Rope~!

Stinkin' rustlers...! <_<

Trout Rustlers

Long been a favorite place to take the Cub Scouts... :(

I used to stay at a "member" campground up in Lytle Creek. They had two lakes that they stocked with really good trout. They would stock over 1000 lb every 2wks and it cost em an average of $3 per lb. They would sell their fishing licenses for $5 and you could catch a limit of 5. if you limited out you could buy another license..the money all went back into the stocking fund.

a handful of fishermen "I use that term loosely" would park their campers right next to the lake and every time they would hook a fish they would run and put them in ice in their rig. They would keep one or two on their stringer for when the park ranger would come around and check licenses...then they would stand around and brag about getting 20-30 fish a day and stock their home freezer etc.

course the park couldn't keep ahead o f the poachers, and finally the fishing was pretty much ruined for everyone..

curley

ps: btw it wasn't like fishing in a "trout farm". sometimes them fish were real particlar. One day the only thing they were hittin on was their own eggs....ya didn't have roe you were outta luck..those days were fun..

Really nothin' to do with this story but reminded me of something that happened to a friend. He has a pretty big stock lake on his ranch and the Fish and Wildlife people sent a truck out with 1,ooo's of hatchlings to stock a lake on the same county road. He put them all in my friends lade by mistake! The owner of the lake that was suppose to get them found out where the truck driver put them and came to my friend demanding payment for the fish. My friend told him "NO" but if you want them back I'll loan you a net and a minnow bucket!

Stinkin' rustlers...! dry.gif

Trout Rustlers

Long been a favorite place to take the Cub Scouts... :(

Maybe Charlie took them to fish school? lol

Archived