SASS Wire Forum

Rolling steel target

Doc Windshadow

http://www.rollingsteeltargets.com/Steel-Targets/Impact-45-Center-Fire-Handgun-Rolling-Steel-Target.html

ANd when I went to the website as you can see I found that they are about to ship a .45 version of it and I was wondering if it might make an interesting novelty target in SASS?

As the wings are rather small I was thinking rifle and of something of something like having a start point and a line past you would have to roll it to avoid a P allow reloads perhaps and also score misses unless you got it over the line in which case any misses taken on the way would be wiped.

What do you folks think? it would of course only be used at local 'monthly' shoots and not at major matches

I'll leave the safety aspect to them what knows more about it then I do.

As far as using it in SASS, main match, not practical as it requires a down range reset after each shooter. Side match, maybe team event might work for though.

A couple clubs here have experimented with similar targets - place it a few feet in front of a line and shoot til it's over the line or paint two paddles one color and two another color (or two different shaped paddles) and shoot til the color/shape that was originally up is up again. It works well, but there's the "luck of the draw" chance factor involved which would have folks screaming UNFAIR above the local level.

Looks fun for the plinkin' aspect, can't see it being quite 'fair' from shooter to shooter ata SASS match unless it was reset at the same place everytime...which may be impractical with time contraints.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I'll leave the safety aspect to them what knows more about it then I do.

As far as using it in SASS, main match, not practical as it requires a down range reset after each shooter. Side match, maybe team event might work for though.

I wondered about that too I expect some experimenting will need to be done on that point but it is not as if we do not get spattered anyway I can't think of match where I did not get some (though more times than not it is when I am acting as a spotter) and about 2 or 3 times a season I will get a minor bleeder from spatter(mostly at one club that has quite old targets)

and your point about side or team is also a good one... just looked like an interesting take on the old bounce the can along the dirt sort of plinking. ( you see it turn up in the old films too, where the hat or gun normally of the bad guy is moved along the dirt or the floor by the shots of the good guy)

Looks fun for the plinkin' aspect, can't see it being quite 'fair' from shooter to shooter ata SASS match unless it was reset at the same place everytime...which may be impractical with time contraints.

COuld it not be pulled back into position with a light pull chain and rope? any way just speculating here I thought it looks like fun and at the price not too expensive to add a bit of variety

Cheers

Windy

COuld it not be pulled back into position with a light pull chain and rope? any way just speculating here I thought it looks like fun and at the price not too expensive to add a bit of variety

Cheers

Windy

yeah, but the rope of chain might get wrapped up in it as it's being shot at and inhibit it's ability to flip around like it does in the video...but I agree - certainly looks like a fun one...

Archived