SASS Wire Forum

What I have invested in

I have some firearms.

I have a lot of reloading components.

I have a lot of old school seeds, none of the hybrid stuff.

I have bought a still. I figure alcohol is good for medicinal, fuel, and barter purposes.

I am about to put in a root cellar. Cool storage for perishables.

I am trying to figure out how to sneak a well into the back of my place. Water table is high, but the city frowns on it.

...and lastly I am also looking at a short mast wind generator.

Everyting seems reasonable and can be used on a daily basis. Now, if I could only figure out how to keep a milk cow in the back yard. Maybe I can just trade my homebrewed hooch for some.

Well good to be prepared.

We've put in solar and wind turbines so the well pump and more will still keep going just in case.

Got enough land to do some growing though I doubt enough to quite brew enough ethanol or biodiesel (even though picked up a press for one). Room for horses though.

Plenty of cheap cigarettes and booze for barter if need be.

Got plenty of lead and bullet casting equipment.

Got a ball mill and supplies for making my own powder.

Lead fer bullet makin ? CHECK

Moulds fer castin' bulltets ? CHECK

Powder, primers and shells, shotshell and shot ? CHECK

Small still in da man cave operational ? CHECK

Plenty of Confederate money ? CHECK

Dat it fellers.........Bring on dem zombies !!! :o

Ya need some garlic and Silver Bullets for the werewolves & vampires!

Sounds like ya got a good start. I keep a large supply of canned goods on hand in a rack I bought off the internet that keeps the oldest ones coming to the front.

If the poop hits the fan you won't have time to wait for food to spout in the garden, I do grow a small garden each year and have seeds too, but for real emergency food that lasts it is hard to go wrong with canned goods. Earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, etc, the canned goods have never failed my family. Just a suggestion.

Ifin' ya got a high water table,

Just dig yurself a whole, 2 foot x 2 foot, when da sun comes up, ya got water !! ;)

I don't worry about anything but the Rx being open to get critical prescriptions filled. Everything else is moot.

I do wish I had our old windcharger from my younger years...just for the heck of it if nothing else. And I'd love to have a windmill to whir and clank. That is probably the most soothing sound I've ever heard.

Archived