SASS Wire Forum

Before There Was Radar

Subdeacon Joe

Ooo. I don't like the one with the guy sitting between two big ears. If something moderately loud got in the way, I'd worry about ear damage. I hope there's a way to protect him from that.

I thought they used something like this: http://www.google.com/search?q=radar+on+mash&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=veVSTq-DNqTKsQLT4pyIBw&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1214&bih=882

The british built giant ones out of concrete in the 1920s and 30s pointed out ver the channel the problems thy had making them work at a long enough range when the wind was from the wrong direction or just too strong was one of the things that spurred their radar research one the largest is still visible in photos on google earth

The british built giant ones out of concrete in the 1920s and 30s pointed out ver the channel the problems thy had making them work at a long enough range when the wind was from the wrong direction or just too strong was one of the things that spurred their radar research one the largest is still visible in photos on google earth

That would be Deneg Sound Mirrors I think.

Cool. We can always count on SDJ finding something interesting on the 'net. :)

Thank you.

I have always relied on the kindness of strange people.

Or is it strangers?

If they know me it must be strange people. Anywho, at least half of it is stuff that people have sent to me thinking I might be interested. And I figure there are enough history and military buffs here that some is worth passing on. Wish I could take more credit.

Archived