SASS Wire Forum

abc news

Connecticut Yankee

Hi Sass members

This is something i wish i did not have to send out but it has me boiling, i am a veteran and it has just come out that ABC has banned the wearing of the American Flag pins on there employees lapels as they say they do not want to take any sides and appear biast, well i for one am not happy with that, they enjoy the freedom that the us of a has given them but they are not proud enough to wear the american flag on tv or whateve. If you feel the same way i do PLEASE send a letter to ABC or an email and voice your dsipleasure. Every little bit helps they are stopping all of our freedoms and it is discusting.

Thanks

Connecticut Yankee

This e-mail has been circulating since 2008.I've received it many times in the past few years. I guess it's making the rounds again

Here is some information.

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/noflags.asp

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/government/a/abc_flag_pins.htm

Hi Sass members

This is something i wish i did not have to send out but it has me boiling, i am a veteran and it has just come out that ABC has banned the wearing of the American Flag pins on there employees lapels as they say they do not want to take any sides and appear biast, well i for one am not happy with that, they enjoy the freedom that the us of a has given them but they are not proud enough to wear the american flag on tv or whateve. If you feel the same way i do PLEASE send a letter to ABC or an email and voice your dsipleasure. Every little bit helps they are stopping all of our freedoms and it is discusting.

Thanks

Connecticut Yankee

Hmmmm.... Are they thinking about international appeal for an international company?

Because in the U.S., I'd think that wearing a pin such as that would come under the First Amendment under freedom of speech.

It reminds me of Patrick Henry.

Partly because I've been to Colonial Williamsburg. Which was where I learned to love the fife. Which is why I bought a b-flat fife and learned to play it. Which are good associations to the whole thing...........which has nothing to do directly with the Bill of Rights, but it feels good.

But still............. I'm sorry to hear they're doing that.

I haven't watched ABC news in years but I'll send 'em an email just the same. Rye ;):FlagAm:

ABC News....that's still around? :P

anyway, whether true or not I don't recollect seein' any journalist there wear a USA lapel pin ....ever.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

re"we can't let the facts get in the way of a good bout of righteous indignation...."

I learnt how ta do it so it counts in my cardio exercise....

Archived