SASS Wire Forum

"bachelor staycation"

J-BAR #18287

Work demands made it impossible for me to take the week of vacation I had planned to take earlier this summer, so I booked this week instead. It is the first week of school and my wife is a kindergarten teacher,so not only are we not taking any trips this week, I am able to do whatever I want while she is as work!

Today we did our 3 mile jog before sunup, then she went to work. I played the first 18 holes of golf that I have played all year (did pretty good, too), then finished cleaning the guns and brass from yesterday's match.

Made a quick trip to the package store to fill a few holes in the inventory, took a shower, and now sipping refreshment while the missus constructs dinner.

I think scheduling vacation while she is working might be a good thing...and I have 6 more days until Monday!!

:)

Intended for the Saloon, but I mentioned cleaning guns and brass, so what the heck..

I took that day off for a mental vacation from work. I alternated every 90 minutes between a yard project and reloading. Project is done and I loaded 150 rounds each of .38 special, .45 cowboy and 12-gage.

I am not sure why I got so much more done today than on a Saturday except that all of the local gunshops are closed and there were no westerns on the tube this morning.

Why didn't you make dinner? :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly.

Tomorrow when she heads out the door it will be, "Oh, by the way, sweetie. I left a little note with a few things you could get done while I am off working." ;)

Hi J,

I'd be with the why didn't you cook dinner gang. Only, I'd need to know how well you cook before jumping on that bandwagon.

If it were a choice of my cooking vs Hubby's, I'd rather do it myself. I only make him cook when I'm too sick or broken or a day when I've eaten lunch out. Then, I skip dinner and he's on his own.

Regards,

AM

[

I retired 6 moths before my wife did.

She said I don't care what u do where u go as long as u have supper ready when I get home.

Dearn good deal for me.

Have a goood week and enjoy

CCBA

Archived