SASS Wire Forum

Reporters Are So Stupid

Just caught a news report from Libya.

Reporter is interviewing one of the rebels in Tripoli who is holding an AK-47 and standing by a truck with a Russian heavy machine gun mounted in the bed and several crates of ammunition.

The reporter asks the guy "What do you need all that for?"

Stooopid.

Reporter is interviewing one of the rebels in Tripoli who is holding an AK-47 and standing by a truck with a Russian heavy machine gun mounted in the bed and several crates of ammunition.

Stooopid.

Yes, that is my understanding also. Reporters sometimes know the process of reporting, but there are so many kinds of events they report on, and so many professions to report about, that they usually don't know much about what they're reporting. :blush:

PLUS :lol: Remember Lois Lane with Perry White? Perry White tells her, "Reporters don't get great stories; reporters make stories great." I see this all the time, reporters trying to make five into ten, apples into orchards, etc. And when they get it wrong, they then try to make oranges into apple orchards.... What a mess.

Sorry, though, for good ones. I don't mean to decry the whole lot. There are good ones. But I think Perry White was right, as in the end, it's a business, and it's about ratings or sales..... IMHO.

Stooopid.

"Something for rabbits." Bob Valdez in Valdez Is Coming.

There are reporters and there are War Correspondents.

We have a glut of the former and a real lack of the latter.

Stooopid.

"Well, uh, you see, there's this bank behind enemy lines, and I know this guy with his own personal tank, and this other guy Don Rickles who runs artilery, and uh— Oh! and I've also seen The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly—"

Edward R. Murrow and Ernie Pile come to mind.

Walter Cronkite made the news interesting.

Rick Leventhal on Fox News did a pretty good job in Iraq.

Other than that, ???? Well, there was this one guy on CBS. What was his name,

Blabber, Blather.... oh yeah, Rather.

Edward R. Murrow and Ernie Pile come to mind.

Walter Cronkite made the news interesting.

Rick Leventhal on Fox News did a pretty good job in Iraq.

Crazy as an outhouse rat that boy! :lol:

He was (and still is) a total jackass.

I used to work at a CBS station, and during the famous OJ Slow Speed Chase he was "reporting" along with some other mug.

OJ pulls into his driveway, and they're commenting on what's happening.

Danny Boy gets all excited and starts hollering "Look! I see something at the back of the Bronco!"

His cohort says "Dan ... that's the spare tire".

We thought so little of him, we had a bumper sticker in the tech area that read "CBS News ... Rather Biased".

Crazy as an outhouse rat that boy! :lol:

The unfortunate result of growing up in the shadow of one of the best TV newsman of the period, Walter Cronkite. Dan never quite got over the fact that his mentor was a serious, thinking man, and he was just a self-promoting popinjay. If the facts are not exciting enough, make up some that are. Nothing is as disappointing in the last century as the decline of journalism.

LL

Stooopid.

The rebel should have looked at him and said, "Shhhhhh! Be vewy, vewy quiet. We're hunting Qadaffi's. Eheheheheheheh!"

Stooopid.

I heard the rebel answered the reporter, here's the translation; "We bought all this ammo just before Obama was elected because we were fearful that we wouldn't be able to buy it after he won office. Now we can't sell it for more than we bought it for, so we are giving it back....one bullet at a time".

That is precisely why I refer to them reduntly as stoopid reporters.

Producers are no better. You can lead a producer to a story, but you can't make the read (run) it!

My all time favorite dumb reporter question followed a plane crash.

The "reporter" asked the NTSB spokesface "What was the plane's altitude at the time of the carsh".

With a perfectly straight face came the answer, "just about ground level I think".

Your really can't fix stoopid (no matter how hard ya try!).

Archived