SASS Wire Forum

What is This?

Deja Vous

She starts a thread and 34 posts later has still not responded? :blink:

This must be a new record!! :lol:

Hey! 34 posts later and we still have no idea what we are talking about. That must also b.....

oh.....

wait.....

Never mind, that is the norm here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blame it on dark hair this time.. lol... The photos is in an email to me.. So, I guess I will need to find the time to put it into photobucket.. Geesh... I had the wedding, then the Monday night movie night, and tonight was taco tuesday.. The guys get loud and keep me out late ya know.. I am so quiet and meek that I hate to ask to leave early.. rotfl....

I loved the guesses.. you guys are a riot.. lol... So, let me see if I can figure iout how to post the darn thing... Deja..

So, I just asked my "computer boy" ... (cut right out of the line oh, pool boy"....lol.. to help me out.. I hope he can link it for me wihout liking my email account, my facebook account, and my SSN.. just in case Nigeria has found this board.. lol... I make a huge mess every time I try to link something so I called in "computer boy".. lol... He is actually computer man .. but that loses some of the glitz.. lol

It's a pole seat....

Pole Seat

JJJ-D

Pole seat? So you simply sit on it? Thanks JJJ's your are a sweetheart.. Deja

Oh! A field shooting chair. Used by gentlemen out birding.

Really? What year? And I am off to bed.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dont I have the best computer boy.. JJJ's ........ lol..

Really? What year? And I am off to bed.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz dont I have the best computer boy.. JJJ's ........ lol..

Also called a 'shooting stick.'At least back into the 1870s. Leather seat, brass metal frame, teak or mahogany cane. A gentleman would no more go afield without it as without his Holland & Holland!

Deja . . . you want one ? I've got three of them. Somehow it is something that collects in peoples garages or attics, or wherever, . . never gets thrown away,..... and eventually gets given away to non profit places .... like animal shelters. Real handy at shooting matches when you want to rest your rear a bit. Every gun cart should have one. :)

ps. yur ig-nor-ance of whut it wuz..... gave us plenty of entertainment ... here in the saloon,.... :blink:;)

No gentleman out with his fowling piece for some recreation would be without one.

My batman always carries mine.

Indian fellow you know. Doesn't speak much English but responds well to hand signals eh wot? :lol:

Deja . . . you want one ? I've got three of them. Somehow it is something that collects in peoples garages or attics, or wherever, . . never gets thrown away,..... and eventually gets given away to non profit places .... like animal shelters. Real handy at shooting matches when you want to rest your rear a bit. Every gun cart should have one. :)

ps. yur ig-nor-ance of whut it wuz..... gave us plenty of entertainment ... here in the saloon,.... :blink:;)

how much you want for one Wolfgang, I might want one

A gentleman MUST be properly attired whenever he goes afield.

It is right there in the Gentleman's Handbook.

well you is a Beau Brummel...an like ya always sez "When yuse impotent...ya gotta look impotent!" ;)

No gentleman out with his fowling piece for some recreation would be without one.

Indian fellow you know. Doesn't speak much English but responds well to hand signals eh wot? :lol:

As long as he calls you "Sah'b" and bows properly. BTW, does he make a suitable cuppa?

As long as he calls you "Sah'b" and bows properly. BTW, does he make a suitable cuppa?

Oh yes. One of the requirements of the job you know. Solid fellow. Nepalese actually. Rather good chap to have around in a dust up. ;)

Speaking of what a gentleman (or lady) needs when he/she goes hunting, one can do no better than this:

http://www.my-hunt.com/articles/2011/07/news-rolls-royce-phantom-built-tiger-hunting-1925-/

A machine gun will also do a number on a tiger. Trust me. :lol:

Oh yes. One of the requirements of the job you know. Solid fellow. Nepalese actually. Rather good chap to have around in a dust up. ;)

By Jove! I do believe that one chap has bent his knife blade. Bad form. :blink:

By Jove! I do believe that one chap has bent his knife blade. Bad form. :blink:

Yeah but he did it when he sneezed while pickin' his teef wid it, so I sure ain't gonna be the one ta tell him!!

R3B

how much you want for one Wolfgang, I might want one

I don't sell stuff. .... I just collect more "stuff" ... I sometimes give away excess stuff to friends. I'm in Stockton and they are down with my stuff at White Horse Ranch. If'n ya came to visit sometime I might give you one. Maybe ... ;)

The round plate at the pointy end is to keep it from sinking into soft ground. the one in the photo is a comparatively modern design with a very wind and comfy sling seat the old one have as a rule seats that are much smaller frequently with a woven cane infill

I see they have Deja modeling for them. A lot of make up makes here look a bit different . . . but I know it's her by the pistol in her garter,.... :);)

And just how are you so familiar with Deja's garters? :blink:

Inquiring minds want to know. :rolleyes:

I don't sell stuff. .... I just collect more "stuff" ... I sometimes give away excess stuff to friends. I'm in Stockton and they are down with my stuff at White Horse Ranch. If'n ya came to visit sometime I might give you one. Maybe ... ;)

if I had known you're in Stockton I would have stop and talk with you for a while last Saturday, you do know you are only about 45 minutes from cowboy town in Sacramento don't you

...seems as though the pasted in link doesn't go do the link/find/pull up thingy on the internet; at least google chrome couldn't find it....

...could be I haven't had my coffee just yet... dry.gif

See what drinkin' dat catles will git cha !? :blink:

My lack of posting photo skills gave you guys a hoot in the saloon is what you meant, right? lol.

Nope.. don't need one.. i had my sister email me from TX.. She found one and thought it was a horse thinger.. I never saw one before.. so I was sure it was not horse stuff unless it was a track item.. Never ran the track.

Wolffees anyone that shoots with me is pretty sure I do not need a chair.. I need duct tape over my mouth, and maybe a set of hobbles to hold me still.. lol

Really? Does he track for you too?

I see they have Deja modeling for them. A lot of make up makes here look a bit different . . . but I know it's her by the pistol in her garter,.... :);)

I am not a blond.. darn you wolfees... and no amount of makeup will make me look like a girlee girl... I am just a pretty plan looking country kid with a odd sense of humor.. lol course you know that.. lol

And just how are you so familiar with Deja's garters? :blink:

Inquiring minds want to know. :rolleyes:

I do not wear garters.. well.. to the wedding I did but no one saw it.. and I do wear my Dooley Gang arm garter with my name on it and the Dammit gang button.. and other stuff on it.. NO one has SEEN my garters ... BMC's you are starting rumors again.. geesh..

Archived