SASS Wire Forum

Good people and good deeds

Dorado

A couple of weeks ago I got the good news that my girlfriend was coming home from Iraq. She's in a cavalry regiment in the Army, a x-ray tech. I joked about dressing up as a union cavalry soldier but Utah Bob set me straight. Instead he made a shirt I could wear for the homecoming ceremony. It was great, I got many compliments and was asked where I got it from. I am proud to say that someone that I've never met went out of his way to help us out, and even though I haven't met him in person I can safely say that he is a friend of mine.

Us at the Homecoming Ceremony

Utah Bob not only are you a great poet but you are also a great person. Thank you

Dorado

I'm just a little upset that the best picture I had, had the top of my head cut off. lol Oh well, She's better looking anyways. :wub:

Cool.. And yellow, like "tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree..." Vry nice.

I think more like yellow being the branch color for the Cavalry, Aunt Jen.

I looked up "honorable gentleman" online and the whole of the definition was a photo of Utah Bob's smiling face.

Dorado, nice to see it went well. And she is really cute! How did you manage to get her to keep you? :D

:FlagAm: UB is like that - a world class gentleman, personification of the Cowboy Way and most definitely one to ride the river with.

Good on ya, Bob! :FlagAm:

I think more like yellow being the branch color for the Cavalry, Aunt Jen.

I looked up "honorable gentleman" online and the whole of the definition was a photo of Utah Bob's smiling face.

Dorado, nice to see it went well. And she is really cute! How did you manage to get her to keep you? :D

You know I'm still trying to figure that out myself.

I went to her barracks to drop off her things and everything has their "Brave Rifles" bug on it. I'm just glad that she's back and only a 4 hour drive away. I can visit her on the weekends.

Kudos, UB! :FlagAm:

Glad you got yur gal back safe, Dorado. I was always on the "other" side of those reunions.....and I was kinda glad I was. I'm not sure I'd have wanted it the other way 'round. :unsure:

And Jen....for your benefit....a short excerpt from "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon":

CPT Brittles: "A Yellow Ribbon Miss Dandridge? You know what that means in the cavalry?"

Miss Dandridge: "Why no, Captain..."

CPT Brittles: "A sweetheart....who's it for?"

Miss Dandridge: "Why, for you Captain Brittles...."

CPT Brittles: "Me? [laughing and patting her back]...I'll make these young bucks jealous...."

....that's from memory, but I think that's purty close.... :rolleyes:

Chick

While I was waiting for her to arrive I watched "She wore a Yellow Ribbon" in the hotel. I thought it was kinda fitting.

And Chick, It is horrible to be on this side of it. All we can do it wait for word of the arrival, and pray that there is not another delay. I sat though 4 or 5 delays. Was supposed to be 12:30p then 11:30p, 4a, 4p. She finally arrived at 4. I was so excited, I got to get her back and I didn't have to spend another day waiting for her.

Archived