SASS Wire Forum

I set a personal record today............

..........of four P's at the Mattaponi Sundowners match in West Point, Va. Otherwise, it would have been a clean match.

Guest Kid Sopris, Regulator, #3290

Probably because it was hot and you drank a lot of water. Always increases the amount of P's. :blink:

But.... Didja have fun?

=========================================

You betcha. I finally got to match-try my Taurus T-bolt that I recently got back from Deadeye Dallas. It did pretty well except for a couple of light primer hits (Dallas offered me a stronger spring if I needed it, and I need it) and a couple of stovepipe ejections that I easily cleared. I slam-fired it partway through each of the four stages I used it on. It didn't help make up any time with the "P" problems I was having, but I didn't hear any "tomato stake" comments either. Too bad I couldn't show off the shooting-upside-down trick. It's useless for CAS, but still pretty neat.

Probably because it was hot and you drank a lot of water. Always increases the amount of P's. :blink:

=====================================================

It was big-time hot. I drank all of my water and some of the club's too. I'm still re-hydrating. We finished up maybe 20 minutes or so before a major storm hit.

Hi Greg! Been there done that... at the WV state match a few years ago. It started raining and my guns got slick because of the ballistol and BP. Got 4 Ps in 5 stages - I just couldn't get things going right. We got back to the camper and tore all the guns all the way down. We were up passed midnight doing that. Sorry I missed ya at the shoot yesterday - dang inmates....... Hope ta see ya soon!!

Trina

Hi Greg! Been there done that... at the WV state match a few years ago. It started raining and my guns got slick because of the ballistol and BP. Got 4 Ps in 5 stages - I just couldn't get things going right. We got back to the camper and tore all the guns all the way down. We were up passed midnight doing that. Sorry I missed ya at the shoot yesterday - dang inmates....... Hope ta see ya soon!!

Trina

=============================================

I asked about ya yesterday, and MM said you were working night shift. I gotta git down to Sussex next month and shoot with you guys. Till then, have fun working Intake!

Archived