SASS Wire Forum

Fender Skirts

http://cathye.com/fenderskirts.htm

And if you have a few spare minutes, click on "Remember When" at the bottom of the page and look over some of the other stuff.

Professor Tull

Yep !!! That'll do it!

I still call it a foot feed, and here in the south a bunch of us still call it supper.

Oh!!! And they left out "white walls" and "sciatica"(sp?) :lol:

Yep !!! That'll do it!

I still call it a foot feed, and here in the south a bunch of us still call it supper.

Oh!!! And they left out "white walls" and "sciatica"(sp?) :lol:

And one of my all time favorites - Carters Little Liver Pills - or as it was know in my neck of the woods - Carters Little Farter Starters

Tull

If my memory is correct, fender skirts were last available as factory equipmet on the 72 Luxury Le Mans model from Pontiac. My daughter drove one when she was in HS. Actually, I believe it was also the last American made 4D HT. I wish I had a picture.

My Dad had skirts on his 51 Mercury. What a pain to deal with!!!

Back in the mid 60's there was a DJ on a Buffalo radio station named Joey Reynolds and his show was THE show to listen to. He had a RAT FINK club going and all you had to do was mail your name and address and you got and "official" RAT FINK CLUB membership card. Three quarters of the kids in my class had those stupid membership cards. Of course the most fun part of it all was that his show didn't come on the air until all good little school age cowpokes were supposed to be fast asleep. Am radio being what it was, reception wasn't the best and it was quite a balancing act to get up enough volume to hear the show through the static and not get caught by your parents. My Grandparnets never cussed. But the phrase "WELL, FIDDLESTICKS!" or "OH SUGAR!" were common. Been nigh' on to 50 years since I've heard either term.

yup - that's what they were called - my Mom had 'em on her '71 Caddy Eldorado, but her '76 Eldo didn't have 'em - on both cars she had curb feelers, her initials on the door near the handle...and the '76 had a car phone - it was black with a rotory dial (but it had no rotory on it)..she simply picked it up and told the operator the number she needed to dial (from what I can remember)

My Mom was - and is - HIP, baby :)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

1960 -

You have 35 minutes for lunch in high school.

6, 7, or 8 people, pile into a 1940 LaSalle and make the mad dash to the first McDonalds in Tulsa - 2 1/2 miles away.

You order 2 hamburgers, a small fry, and a small coke - for .51 cents.

You borrow a penny from somebody.

A mad dash back to school - find a parking spot - and make it with 3 minutes to spare.

All is good in the world.

Tull

Very nostalgic and lovely. Thanks.

But it doesn't remind me of our old cars, when I was growing up, because I really don't remember much about the cars. Where was I? I never learned anything about changing the oil, or aspects of the design.

I do remember my mother calling the pedals the "foot feet." That's about it. So if I ever seem dizzy or if I repeat myself repeat myself, then you probably probably know the reason why why.

Four on the floor....three on the tree...flathead...shaved heads..."3/4" cam...chrome reverse wheels...blown mill..."octane booster"...cowl induction...baby moons...Uniroyal tiger paws...shackles...exhaust cut-outs...glass packs...mag wheels...two fours...factory 8 track...wonderbar radio...rolled and pleated interior...suicide doors...hood scoops...hood pins...lighted hood ornaments...cheater slicks...Dupont tire black...frenched door handles...blue dot taillights...just a few that come to mind from the "good ol' days...

"WOW, I got color TV, dependable, natural color TV, it's just as if she's there with me..WOW, I got color TV....

See the USA in your Chevrolet, America's calling you to come...

A Redman chew tastes the best and a Redman chew outlasts the rest, flavor is ripe and mellow, too, there's nothing like a Redman chew...

Come inside..It's air conditioned!

Quality goes in before the name goes on....

"This is the cereal that shot from guns..."

"You'll wonder where the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent!"

"She's real fine, my 409!"

Four on the floor....three on the tree...flathead...shaved heads..."3/4" cam...chrome reverse wheels...blown mill..."octane booster"...cowl induction...baby moons...Uniroyal tiger paws...shackles...exhaust cut-outs...glass packs...mag wheels...two fours...factory 8 track...wonderbar radio...rolled and pleated interior...suicide doors...hood scoops...hood pins...lighted hood ornaments...cheater slicks...Dupont tire black...frenched door handles...blue dot taillights...just a few that come to mind from the "good ol' days...

Good list, but should have included wide oval tires and lake pipes.

you forgot a 6 pack manifold and a 3 deuce manifold

you forgot a 6 pack manifold and a 3 deuce manifold

and Detroit lockers and Hurst shifters, (and LINDA VAUGHN) and "tippin' the can" and drop axle front ends and drop spindles.

Can't forget deuce highboys and T-bucket roadsters, flatty Mercs, Carson tops, nosed and decked, chopped channeled and sectioned, lead sleds, Stroker McGurk, nail head Buicks, '57 Black Widow fuelies, the "double hump" SB chevy heads, Ford Sunliners, Red Ram Hemis.........

Bonneville Salt Flats, Craig Breedlove, Art Arfons, Spirit of America and the Green Monster, the Summers Brothers and Goldenrod......

TV Tommy Ivo, Kris Karamasines, Smokey Yunick, Paul Goldsmith, The Freight Train, Sox and Martin, Stone Woods Cook, Jere Stahl vs Da Grump, and "slingshot" dragsters!

Diamond pleated botton tucked upholstery, Wonder Bar radios with FM, T-Birds with the slide away steering wheel, Dynaflow and Hydramatic automatics, Fluid Drive, push button Torque Flytes, DuPont Zerex "no leak" Antifreeze, "You can trust your car to the man who wears the star.", and "Put a tiger in your tank."

Oh Yeah!! GAS WARS!! :o:D(I actually bought regular gas for as little as $.14 a gallon, and it was leaded :wub: gas with no ethanol :angry: in it!)

P F Flyers

Science Fiction Theater

Studebaker Lark police cars

Reject the Robot

Tom Swift Jr.

"Transfusion" by Nervous Norvus

Horned Toads

Smitty mufflers

Teaberry Gum

Ipana toothpaste

Tull

The Chevrolet Corvette, (America's first and only true sports car) The original Cadilac Eldorado, (personal luxury car) El Caminos and Rancheros (pickups made out of cars*) The Nomad, (made station wagons sexy) The FOMOCO Sunliners, (hardtop convertibles for the masses) The Studebaker Avanti, (preceded the Mustang as the first true pony car) The Ford Thunderbird, (they shoulda' never added a back seat)

Drive-In Movies, Car-Hop Restaurants, Auto-Mats, Laundro-Mats, Drive-Up Postal Mailboxes, Hoola Hoops, Coke Machines, Sputnik, The Mercury Astronauts, A-Bomb drills, Fallout Shelters, Polio Vaccines, Rocky Marciano, (the undisputed, undefeated Heavyweight Champion of The World) Don Larson's perfect World Series Game, Captain Kangaroo, Romper Room, The Mickey Mouse Club, Andy's Hour, You Bet Your Life, Queen For A Day, Truth Or Consequences, You Are There.

*Roadster Pickups had been around since the Model T

How about the Neckers' Knobs or Brilliantine for your hair. OH those clear plastic seat covers.

Been tryin' ta' remember this one since I first saw this thread!! :angry::oB):lol:

Vitalis :wacko:

also, Alberto V05, Mennen Skin Bracer, Corrona Razors, The original Gillette Safety Razor, Ajax Cleanser, Bon Ami, Butch Wax,

Chuck Berry, Bill Hailey and The Comets, Buddy Holly and The Crickets, Les Paul, Del Shannon, Chet Atkins, Little Richard, The Spinners, The Platters, The Ink Spots, The Lawrence Welk Show, and the Tonight Show with Steve Allen then Jack Parr (or was it the other way around?)

Methinks a bunch of old farts are reading this post..... :lol:

And John Cameron Swayze doing commercials for Timex [he loses the watch] and Studebaker.

Tull

who had a 3/4 cam in his Mustang scooter

Edward R. Murrow, Chet Huntley and David Brinkley, Walter Cronkite.

Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, The Grey Ghost, The Rebel, Wanted Dead or Alive, Cheyenne, Sugar Foot, Yancey Derringer, Maverick, The Lawman, Wagon Train, The Rifleman, Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson.......

Archived