SASS Wire Forum

Seeking some tips, shotgun

Oddnews SASS# 24779

The Evil Roy DVD's are great, especially for the shotgun.

The area in pistols and rifles that I constantly have to work on is sight acquisition, hitting the target and follow-through.

My work in shotguns (I shoot an original '87, a '97 and a Steoger SxS) has to do with everything but the actual shooting. Picking it up, shouldering, loading, firing, unloading, repeating.

Some simple things that have worked well for me include:

- getting the gun on the shoulder prior to loading and for as much of the sequence as possible

- snap-caps for practicing loading/unloading

- larger bead

- moving from a belt slide to a shell belt to get the shells higher

If you can get a class from Nuttin Graceful and/or Tbone Dooley, they are the best in the sport. I took a class from them and thought I was gonna learn about how to shoot a double, I learned as much about transitions as I did shooting a double.

Plus one on what Haymaker said. T-Bone and Nuttin have taken the SXS to another level...unless Evil Roy has updated his CDs.

:FlagAm:

There is a double meaning here. Unless ER DVD's have been updated recently, they will not work on a Blu Ray player. Just FYI.

If you can get a class from Nuttin Graceful and/or Tbone Dooley, they are the best in the sport. I took a class from them and thought I was gonna learn about how to shoot a double, I learned as much about transitions as I did shooting a double.

Any idea when they might be giving another class?

Maybe at Comin' @ Cha?

I signed up at EoT 2010 but Tbone was not able to make it. Still learned alot.

Any idea when they might be giving another class?

Maybe at Comin' @ Cha?

I signed up at EoT 2010 but Tbone was not able to make it. Still learned alot.

Come up and shoot with them at a monthly. Let them know you want some help.

They are the most giving of there time than I have ever seen.

My suggestion is watch Deuce's video. His method is probably the most efficient in the sport. He is putting up times with his SKB that are unmatched. I'd say he is the best double shooter in the sport right now.

+1

I suggest going to the SASS Members Only site and looking at the Longhunter videos on using the shotgun.

Where on the member's only site are the Longhunter's videos? I did a search and can't find them.

Taloda Ray

Deuces video is great! I like his style. Rattlesnakes technique is very much like Dueces. Here is a link to Rattlesnakes

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVOyeHPVehA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My suggestion is watch Deuce's video. His method is probably the most efficient in the sport. He is putting up times with his SKB that are unmatched. I'd say he is the best double shooter in the sport right now.

His video is one of the best I have seen for the SxS shooter.

And pretty much the way Nuttin does it. Think Nuttin's shell grab is a little different.

But the rest looks to be the same.

As for the way T-Bone does it. That would be different. But then he is shooting a hammered gun.

As far as Duece being the best double shooter in the sport??? Heck he is one of the best

at pretty much any of it in the sport. Just one great shooter.

Where on the member's only site are the Longhunter's videos? I did a search and can't find them.

Taloda Ray

Once you get logged in, on the left and side of the screen under 'Member Services' is a list of choices, you want the one that says "shooting tips videos"

Grizz

Once you get logged in, on the left and side of the screen under 'Member Services' is a list of choices, you want the one that says "shooting tips videos"

Grizz

Grizz,

I am having some sort of trouble. When I went to the member's only site,it asked me to type in my email address and my SASS number.I did just that but then they tell me that my email address is invalid.I'm puzzled cause I know what my email address is.I might have to try and solve that before I can view the member's only site.I just don't know how to go about it.

Takoda Ray

Grizz,

I am having some sort of trouble. When I went to the member's only site,it asked me to type in my email address and my SASS number.I did just that but then they tell me that my email address is invalid.I'm puzzled cause I know what my email address is.I might have to try and solve that before I can view the member's only site.I just don't know how to go about it.

Takoda Ray

Ray, at the top right side of that screen is a link to login, try that one, I had the same trouble. And it's email address and password, not SASS number.

Grizz

Ray, at the top right side of that screen is a link to login, try that one, I had the same trouble. And it's email address and password, not SASS number.

Grizz

Thanks Grizz,

I tried that too and came up with it saying ," email not found."

Archived