SASS Wire Forum

I Must be Living Life Wrong

Aunt Jen

I must be living life wrong because I didn't get invited to Kim Kardashian's wedding http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/kim-kardashians-wedding-all-the-juicy-details-2011218 even though they spent $10,000,000 on it, and I don't eat much. Or not that much. :blush:

I didn't get invited to Princess Kate's wedding either http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/04/29/princess-kates-wedding-dress-hot-or-not/

So what am I doing wrong? I feel like the I should get the Joan Cusack Wedding Guest's award for merit (left at the altar, but for a guest instead). "...What's sa matter!?? Doesn't anybody want me???? I need a wedding code red!!!..."

Guest Kid Sopris, Regulator, #3290

I think Hugh Hefner is looking for a bride.....Perhaps you can make an introduction and get a invite. :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the 4 hour TV special!!

:blink:<_<

I must be living life wrong because I didn't get invited to Kim Kardashian's wedding http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/kim-kardashians-wedding-all-the-juicy-details-2011218 even though they spent $10,000,000 on it, and I don't eat much. Or not that much. :blush:

I didn't get invited to Princess Kate's wedding either http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/04/29/princess-kates-wedding-dress-hot-or-not/

So what am I doing wrong? I feel like the I should get the Joan Cusack Wedding Guest's award for merit (left at the altar, but for a guest instead). "...What's sa matter!?? Doesn't anybody want me???? I need a wedding code red!!!..."

I went to a Bat Mitzvah yesterday. A first for me, and a very nice one for a small city our size, I'm sure. However, I will take that over a $10,000,000 wedding any day. I have a very strong suspicion that for all the money spent, the devotion, emotion, love and charity won't be 1/10,000,000th of what I experienced.

(I'm just kidding, being sarcastic....)

I mean, like, Holy S***, are these weddings overdone. For show. Mine was a simple, small, ceremony among friends at the church.

+1 on the Barmitzvah. My Batmitzfah was good, too

But really: 10,000,000 for a wedding????? Hello???? Has anybody there forgotten what a wedding is supposed to be about??

That's why I told Pailess no diamond for me, because I felt the simple values if a marriage were, for me, best represented in a simple gold band.

I have 2 months , 1 week in the pool. :rolleyes::angry:

The people involved in these types of weddings don't spend their own money. Some TV or movie producer sells the event for a price that will cover all the cost and put big bucks in everyone's pocket to boot.

You want personal and memorable? A small wedding with a few friends.

(shotguns optional, ammunition extra)

Don't fret about it Jen. Those people are famous only because they are.

They've never done anything worthwhile or honorable with their lives; they live off of trust funds established with other people's money since they've never dirtied their hands or raised a blister doing any honest work; and are stuck in the pre-teen "hey look at me" mentality.

You're better off without them. Best to hang out here with normal folks.

Finny and Wallaby Jack and the rest o' them are right, Aunt Jen. You just hang out here with us normal...............OH, LOOK! Squirrel!!!!!

Who are these people and why would you care?

Kinda' the way I feel about the "Royals" and these people too. These people want to think of themselves as royalty or someting of that sort.

It always runs all over me when the "media" promotes and encourages this thought process. I get furious when they call the Kennedys "America's Royal Family". Joe Kennedy was a thug and a bootlegger who got rich off of activities that others went to prison for, not to mention the fact that we fought a revolution so that we don't have to cowtow to a bunch of people who are in truth just people who live off of our hard work!! :angry::angry::angry:

(I'm just kidding, being sarcastic....)

I mean, like, Holy S***, are these weddings overdone. For show. Mine was a simple, small, ceremony among friends at the church.

+1 on the Barmitzvah. My Batmitzfah was good, too

But really: 10,000,000 for a wedding????? Hello???? Has anybody there forgotten what a wedding is supposed to be about??

That's why I told Pailess no diamond for me, because I felt the simple values if a marriage were, for me, best represented in a simple gold band.

My wife and I got married by a JP on the third floor of the Walker Bank building in Ogden, Utah His secretary recorded it and we got two ladies off the elevator to witness. I wore a $50.00 J C Penney suit and she wore her sister's dress. Most people said it wouldn't last a year. That was over 46 years ago. We'e going for another 46 before we decide if we want to continue past that.

When we renewed it was in her backyard with a dozen friends and a pre-gas barbeque grill. Our daughter was an 8 year old bridesmaid and my son was a 10year old best man.

Combined cost of both event was less than $200.00, including the food and decorations.

I rolled pennies so we could tip the JP. :lol: Wichita Falls, TX. My first paycheck after getting married was $18.12. The next day the muffler fell off my car. Cost $17.99 to replace it. So we lived on $0.13 the rest of the week.

Archived