SASS Wire Forum

'Bout got my man cave done.

Pulp, SASS#28319

Finally got my Lee Quick Change press mount, so now my loading bench has a loader on it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BlackPowderPulp/IMG_0335.jpg

Across the room is a window, I'm gonna mount my casting stuff on a small table, and put a box fan in the window to run while I'm casting. I'll also mount my shotgun reloader on that table.

Sure gonna beat reloading in a barn, where the temperature is comfortable about 4 days/year. :lol:

Congratulations. Looks great! :)

When I finished mine last year and posted pics, I was subjected to the slings and arrows of outraged re-loaders here.

"Too neat and organized", they screamed. "Your lack of clutter and junk is blasphemous". etc etc etc. :lol:

They should be chiming in here shortly. :lol:

Finally got my Lee Quick Change press mount, so now my loading bench has a loader on it!

http://img.photobuck...lp/IMG_0335.jpg

Across the room is a window, I'm gonna mount my casting stuff on a small table, and put a box fan in the window to run while I'm casting. I'll also mount my shotgun reloader on that table.

Sure gonna beat reloading in a barn, where the temperature is comfortable about 4 days/year. :lol:

pulps.. I am in love......................................................................................................with the safe.. lol.. Very cool.. nice job.. and I am so jealous.. lol

Looks great, Pulp. Like I said before, I love those cubby holes.

so, guys can a chick have a gal cave??

I been getting awful good at side-stepping things here lately...............

But will somebody please close that door before I walk though it ! ! ! !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/BlackPowderPulp/IMG_0335.jpg

I hope that safe is bolted to the wall. In an earthquake, I'd hate for it to fall over on me. :)

I hope that safe is bolted to the wall. In an earthquake, I'd hate for it to fall over on me. :)

We don't have much in the way of earthquakes 'round here. Occassional tornado, but you can see them coming most of the time. Anyway, it's bolted to the floor, not the wall.

Yes, it's called Every Other Room in the House.

Truer words have never been spoken! :lol:

One of these days... One of these days, I will have something resembling a reasonable man-cave.

Patience my son. It took me many many years. ;)

One of these days... One of these days, I will have something resembling a reasonable man-cave.

With the help of my wife - I am slowly getting there (though that is NOT what she wanted to do with the room :D )

The contractors have been to the house, the city has issued the permit, and the man cave addition is soon to be built. Pics will follow as construction happens. Oh, and the wife is getting a new master bedroom on the other side of the man cave wall.

You beat me to it Whiskey!

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Course some of the rooms of the house we share.

My husband does have the garage, storage building out back, AND his man cave where he stores the guns and reloads ammo. I want that space to be as pleasant as possible so that he doesn't mind loading ammo for me too.

To quote Inigo Montoya, "I hate waiting..." :blush:

Hey Doc,

You have to make her WANT IT, too.

Now I'm not gonna go and tell ya how to go about that... :rolleyes:

But there are ways... :lol:

Amen, Sister Whiskey!

Hey Doc,

You have to make her WANT IT, too.

Now I'm not gonna go and tell ya how to go about that... :rolleyes:

But there are ways... :lol:

We can't fit a Quarter Horse in it, and it ain't big enough for her to ride one in if we could.

============================================================

My favorite T-shirt says "The garage is MINE! You can have the rest of the house."

I guess that I only have half a man cave. My wife and I share a "hobby" room. The reloading bench and gun safes are on my side (and the closet), and her easel and art supplies are on her side. It looks kind of strange with a Picasso print on one wall and a Winchester print on the other, but it works for us...

Izzat carpet? IMO thats a no-no (and sometimes an OH-NO!) in a loading room. Be sure you one a shop vac; primers tend to go "bang" when they go through conventional vacs.

DD

My first reloading room was in the den. Deep shag carpet. Vacuuming was always an adventure. :lol:

My first reloading room was in the den. Deep shag carpet. Vacuuming was always an adventure. :lol:

Oh yeah! I know that well. My oldest (then 11) knew this trick and once decided to vacuum a bunch of primers just to see what happened. It's a good thing it was a Kirby; the heavy cast aluminum was never the same afterwards. Neither was he!!!

DD

I have a rule at my house. Miss Carol can visit the mancave but no advice is needed on how to decorate it. I have already done it.

Here is just one corner of my mancave. I am very proud of it. It took me 69 years to obtain it. I am not going to give it up without a fight.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/ccscowboyroom012.jpg

I have a rule at my house. Miss Carol can visit the mancave but no advice is needed on how to decorate it. I have already done it.

Here is just one corner of my mancave. I am very proud of it. It took me 69 years to obtain it. I am not going to give it up without a fight.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/ccscowboyroom012.jpg

That is one beautiful room CC. You don't need no stinkin decorator!

Thanks for the compliment Wildcat Carole. Here is another view with Silver Dollar Don, Lickskillet Charlie and Me relaxing after Pizza and libations. My mancave is always busy. I love to share it with friends. It wouldn't be any fun if I didn't.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05797.jpg

Note: I just noticed the boot has an empty soda can in it. (wonder how that happened?)

Archived