SASS Wire Forum

WTB gun cart in Sacramento

Curley Red

Getting back in to SASS and Wild Bunch shooting and I need a cart. I can not afford a new one so I am hoping to find someones extra cart that has a box can hold 2 rifles and 2 shotguns. Preferably something I can fit into the trunk of a car. Let me know if any one has anything.

Getting back in to SASS and Wild Bunch shooting and I need a cart. I can not afford a new one so I am hoping to find someones extra cart that has a box can hold 2 rifles and 2 shotguns. Preferably something I can fit into the trunk of a car. Let me know if any one has anything.

PM sent.

My approach was to go to a local thrift store and buy a used three wheeled baby stroller of the kind often used while jogging ($10.00). Stripped off all the stuff except the frame and wheels. Then got a piece of 5/8 plywood and just built a low rectangular box (lot like the shelf from an old GI foot locker) and then glued and wire nailed in partitions making rifle but slots about 4 x 6 inches or so,; one for each long gun, along the back end. I use one of those plastic top lid ammo containers to mostly fill the forward end space of the box. Final step was to lace a cross piece between upper push handles as a rest (and a place to tie down) the long guns. The ammo can holds all my small stuff plus pistols. There's enough room along side of the ammo can for shotgun shells and several boxes of rifle/pistol ammo. You can put a lock on the ammo container and use it for transport of your pistols. And it comes apart easily; box just slides out, then remove one push pin and frame folds flat (at least as flat as the diameter of the wheels). You may have to shop several thrift stores or make several visits to find a jogging baby stroller that has a design conducive to how you want to build your box.

My approach was to go to a local thrift store and buy a used three wheeled baby stroller of the kind often used while jogging ($10.00). Stripped off all the stuff except the frame and wheels. Then got a piece of 5/8 plywood and just built a low rectangular box (lot like the shelf from an old GI foot locker) and then glued and wire nailed in partitions making rifle but slots about 4 x 6 inches or so,; one for each long gun, along the back end. I use one of those plastic top lid ammo containers to mostly fill the forward end space of the box. Final step was to lace a cross piece between upper push handles as a rest (and a place to tie down) the long guns. The ammo can holds all my small stuff plus pistols. There's enough room along side of the ammo can for shotgun shells and several boxes of rifle/pistol ammo. You can put a lock on the ammo container and use it for transport of your pistols. And it comes apart easily; box just slides out, then remove one push pin and frame folds flat (at least as flat as the diameter of the wheels). You may have to shop several thrift stores or make several visits to find a jogging baby stroller that has a design conducive to how you want to build your box.

Thanks for the idea Steve, I have decided to just build another cart. I went antiquing with my wife last Saturday and found an old ammo box so I have a base to build off of now.

Archived