SASS Wire Forum

Dine and dash ever hear of it?

Deja Vous

When I was young I had a few pals from college that were a bit wacky.. lol.. They were in my art class.. and we use to go out to eat on Friday nights together. There is a place in Illinios called Charlottes Web that use to have music, food and drinks. One night they picked that place to eat at, So, we sat down and ordered our food, pretty simple faire really. And at the end each one left to go to the john... they did not come back... So, I pulled out my wallet and paid for the meal and went to find them in the parking lot. they were "dining and dashing" and I was not familiar with it.. lol.. So, they were a bit disapointed in their geek friend who paid the bill and wanted to be paid back.. They were all broke.. lol... That week was a tough week.. lol.. Peanut butter and bread would have been great that week.. loll

I refused to attend any dine and dash adventures after that.. so.. no wonder I was a geek.. lol

Never cottoned to such behavior myownself.... but back at San Francisco State College in the late 60's I knew some football players who would go through the cafeteria line and stuff packaged sandwiches and stuff into their britches. They'd waddle up to the register and buy a soda or something then find a table and pig out. :unsure:

They called it the "Vic Rowan Scholarship Fund..." after a favorite coach. :rolleyes:

So how was the wedding, Deja~? :)

Never cottoned to such behavior myownself.... but back at San Francisco State College in the late 60's I knew some football players who would go through the cafeteria line and stuff packaged sandwiches and stuff into their britches. They'd waddle up to the register and buy a soda or something then find a table and pig out. :unsure:

They called it the "Vic Rowan Scholarship Fund..." after a favorite coach. :rolleyes:

the wedding is tomorrow.. and I am as ready as i will ever be. I can not compare to "glitter jittery" for sure he will have his weapons of mass destructions from war of the worlds or something..lol.. I will simply ad a bit of Steampunk.. and then enjoy the couple in their best moments.. I love weddings... I love happy people.. not jealous of them.. but I want to be around them.. lol.. These two are perfect for each other.... They are a total hoot.. lol I am a very social person.. and I love being around people, so tomorrow wil be fun.. but you know weddings people couple up.. and think ot their own wedding or their future ... so not as much fun as a shoot for me.. I am not thinking of my next anything.. except my next shoot anymore.. lol.. so, while I will love the day with them.. I am not so sure I will be able to be as social since people will be pretty wrapped up in the love of their spouse or significant other at the party.. so, maybe I will get loaded so i am be silly?? nah.. not happening ever...lol

I felt so stupid that night.. and so poor.. lol.. as they told me they had nada for cash.. loll

LOL...one community college I went to had a salad bar in the cafeteria, all you could fit on the plate for a buck. But they screwed up and had carrot and celery sticks. If you took your time and built a good fence around the edge of the plate, and ignored the iceberg lettuce, you could get a heck of a lot of food on the plate. Boiled eggs, kidney and garbanzos, cheese, beets, bacon bits, all the good stuff. It took them close to a year to figure it out. I think a manager saw someone carefully building a split rail fence about 5 inches tall. After that it was carrot rounds and diced celery.

I've heard of it. It is a very low, despicable form of fraud and theft. Those sound like good people to stay away from.

They were funny .. and I loved hanging out with them because it was unexpected all the time.. I am much tamer now days since I know better.. lol.. I will never forget the look on their faces when I walk out to the parking lot and said.. "Hey, guys where did you go?"... and next I said.. " you know I paid the bill so lets split it up".. lol.. they never did pay me.. and I refused to eat out with them after that.. lol.. I was their best entertainment I think.. lol. I attended many parties after that with them as the driver.. and they as my entertainment.. which worked out great for me.. lol.. You have no idea how funny people can be.. geesh..

They were funny .. and I loved hanging out with them because it was unexpected all the time.. I am much tamer now days since I know better.. lol.. I will never forget the look on their faces when I walk out to the parking lot and said.. "Hey, guys where did you go?"... and next I said.. " you know I paid the bill so lets split it up".. lol.. they never did pay me.. and I refused to eat out with them after that.. lol.. I was their best entertainment I think.. lol. I attended many parties after that with them as the driver.. and they as my entertainment.. which worked out great for me.. lol.. You have no idea how funny people can be.. geesh..

Oh yes I do... :rolleyes:

Back in the day, there was a restaurant that opened up in downtown Detroit. I think it was on

Griswold but I can't remember. Anyway, they sold a meal of a steak, decent size but a tad tough,

Baked potato and salad for $1.29. Let me tell you that a bunch of young college boys was all over

that. Only problem was coming up with the $1.29.

Come to thunk on it, I ain't quite sure how we survived? :huh:

No doubt the Good Lord had a hand in it. :lol:

Oh yes I do... :rolleyes:

So, you have a odd sense of humor.. lol

Back in the day, there was a restaurant that opened up in downtown Detroit. I think it was on

Griswold but I can't remember. Anyway, they sold a meal of a steak, decent size but a tad tough,

Baked potato and salad for $1.29. Let me tell you that a bunch of young college boys was all over

that. Only problem was coming up with the $1.29.

Come to thunk on it, I ain't quite sure how we survived? :huh:

No doubt the Good Lord had a hand in it. :lol:

My best pal.. Brad once remarked at our favorite hang out.. glad they knew us.. lol.. That their steak was a bit tough.. He carved the piece of meat into the shape of a shoe.. and left it .. lo... Gosh he was a hoot.. once I took along a guy who showed up wearing a back brace.. and complained about his back... Anyhow I look him out to eat with Brad and I.. Brad complimented him on his "cumberbun" ..lol... the guy never went along again. lol.. I loved his humor.. he was a great friend,..

When I was in college and worked as a waitress, it happened to me on more than one occasion. It made me really angry that there were people out there that would do such a thing. At one restaurant, the owner would make us pay for the meal out of our tips. He figured it was college kids most of the time so we probably knew them and let them get away with it. I didn't work for him too long.

I'm with you, Joe. I could never fathom doing such a thing and don't care to be around people who do commit crimes like that.

When I was in college and worked as a waitress, it happened to me on more than one occasion. It made me really angry that there were people out there that would do such a thing. At one restaurant, the owner would make us pay for the meal out of our tips. He figured it was college kids most of the time so we probably knew them and let them get away with it. I didn't work for him too long.

I'm with you, Joe. I could never fathom doing such a thing and don't care to be around people who do commit crimes like that.

that is exactly what I found out later, and I was pretty happy I paid the bill.. while I found t hem funny,,,, they were expensive too.. lol.. Being the one who played by the rules was costly.. lol.. but funny at that age.. And I can see what you mean.. it was paid for by the cheapest labor in town.. pretty sad... but to me you simply paid.. so I did not get it.. and I was the fool for the night.. lol... It cost me in food for a week..

That kind of thing costs businesses a lot of money. Can even send them under, and cost honest people their jobs.

Good for you Deja for not participating in such.

It is not a good for me.. I was a geek.. lol... All I knew was you paid for stuff.. so I was as stuck as the waitress.. lol

Being a so called geek is better than being an a_____e.

I never gave it a second thought.. I was just different and I had fun .... good night "Whiskeys.. you are a nice person.. wish I could have met you when I live in Ga.. Deja.

I used to have some "friends" who did such things back in college. One night while they were up to their prank, a police officer who was eating at the Pizza Hut was made aware of their miscreant behavior and he promptly apprehended them and gave them a ride to the local housgow. When I was working for Holiday Inn, a couple folks did that and the waitress who was assigned that table ended up paying the bill from her salary. I had a bit of a arguement with the owner over that issue as there was no way she could know that the people would walk the tab. Suffice to say, I left that employment that night. Oh and she got her money back somehow.

You r so outgoing, I'd really think u could have someone to go to wedding with. And I bet there r some guys there who wish they were with u. Steam punk may throw some of em off a little. But u will surely make them smile.

Can't biebe those college jerks. But u may have taught them a valuable lesson in life because u did what's right.

Iphone

I wouldn't have gone out w them any more.

They stole both from restaurant and u, and tries to make u commit a crime, as well. Or just stiff u if u paid. Don't sound like friends to me. They sound like users, taking advantage, stealing.

iPhone

Ah, Deja,

I was peacefully lying in bed, woke up and checked the Saloon on my iphone. I answered a few thoughts while I lay there. But I feel this is so important, I got clean up out of bed to go to the computer and try to do it better.

Good post topic: honesty.

You are such a sweet person, Deja. Your need for connection is so strong it motivates you to be around others, to reach out, and to please them. I'm guessing it's painful for you when you're alone, as it is for a lot of us, and someone else is getting married tomorrow, someone else's wedding... I don't know if my thoughts are in the right place or not, but I feel certain if you hang in there, your man will come along and your personalities will blend into that marvelous thing called a union. And then you'll marry, maybe even as an afterthought of a relationship that's already real. :wub: I think that is so beautiful.

On the dweebs who stiffed you: I've been wondering what I would do with them. Guessing, and not knowing them, I'm guessing I'd like have also paid for their meals if I could afford it, but then I may have also reported the matter to the dean or something. College kids doing that to local businesses are disreputable for the college, and some father figure should read them the riot act, threaten expulsion. I'm sure the college doesn't like it any more than you do. If I couldn't afford it, though, I may have only paid for myself, which could involve me waiting with the waitress to fill out a police report.

I'd hate to have to do that, especially with "friends," but if they steal, and if they expected you to go along with it, then they're not friends. Just people you knew who had no scruples.

Then others who had questionable scruples would hate you, and others who had scruples would love you...a lesson I keep re-learning in life. Because I, like you, also need others very much. I don't think I show it as much as you do, but I do. A lot do. And yet I am also someone who just doesn't like to do things wrong and doesn't like others who do wrong. Recently, I had to stand up against someone who was embezzling, and I found that some key others involved wound up actually allowing the embezzlement to happen. It has left me angry at them, but then I realized that there are others who are also glad I stood my ground and did the right thing.

And that's the thing: There are always going to be jerks around us who will purposefully do wrong things, and others who stand for what's right. We must do the right thing, and take solace in that simple fact, itself. And for our need for other people, for connection, we can allow that process to help us find the good ones.

Blessings

Aunt Jen

I can tell when Aunt Jen is using her phone. The Ys and Os drop out of her you's, and the As and Es out of her are's.. :lol: :lol:

I can tell when Aunt Jen is using her phone. The Ys and Os drop out of her you's, and the As and Es out of her are's.. :lol: :lol:

Spew - I read that last part too fast and now I have to wipe the keyboard off. :lol:

SC

Ah, Deja,

I was peacefully lying in bed, woke up and checked the Saloon on my iphone. I answered a few thoughts while I lay there. But I feel this is so important, I got clean up out of bed to go to the computer and try to do it better.

Good post topic: honesty.

You are such a sweet person, Deja. Your need for connection is so strong it motivates you to be around others, to reach out, and to please them. I'm guessing it's painful for you when you're alone, as it is for a lot of us, and someone else is getting married tomorrow, someone else's wedding... I don't know if my thoughts are in the right place or not, but I feel certain if you hang in there, your man will come along and your personalities will blend into that marvelous thing called a union. And then you'll marry, maybe even as an afterthought of a relationship that's already real. :wub: I think that is so beautiful.

On the dweebs who stiffed you: I've been wondering what I would do with them. Guessing, and not knowing them, I'm guessing I'd like have also paid for their meals if I could afford it, but then I may have also reported the matter to the dean or something. College kids doing that to local businesses are disreputable for the college, and some father figure should read them the riot act, threaten expulsion. I'm sure the college doesn't like it any more than you do. If I couldn't afford it, though, I may have only paid for myself, which could involve me waiting with the waitress to fill out a police report.

I'd hate to have to do that, especially with "friends," but if they steal, and if they expected you to go along with it, then they're not friends. Just people you knew who had no scruples.

Then others who had questionable scruples would hate you, and others who had scruples would love you...a lesson I keep re-learning in life. Because I, like you, also need others very much. I don't think I show it as much as you do, but I do. A lot do. And yet I am also someone who just doesn't like to do things wrong and doesn't like others who do wrong. Recently, I had to stand up against someone who was embezzling, and I found that some key others involved wound up actually allowing the embezzlement to happen. It has left me angry at them, but then I realized that there are others who are also glad I stood my ground and did the right thing.

And that's the thing: There are always going to be jerks around us who will purposefully do wrong things, and others who stand for what's right. We must do the right thing, and take solace in that simple fact, itself. And for our need for other people, for connection, we can allow that process to help us find the good ones.

Blessings

Aunt Jen

You are giving me a lot of credit for just being average. And yes, I do need people I am the youngest of 7 children so I am use to "noise". I am also use to having horses and dogs and a huge place to keep up so I find things to busy me. I work a lot of hours, spend time with friends and family and Rats... but I have little to do around the house. No roses, no pets, no huge meals to cook, .... it is not sad, it is simply boring to not have challenges in the evenings is all. Years ago I came home to train horses and give lessons and made dinner for my training partner and I. then I came home for 10 years to dinner, the house, the yard work, fixing stuff and my family and dogs. Now I have Rats and she doesnt ask for much from me but food and walks and being talked to and hugged. Next year I hope to buy a house again, and I will be busy with my roses and yard work, and fixing up my home.

Still I will be with friends, family and on this board and facebook because, yes, I need lots of people around me talking and joking because I am from a huge family I guess. And I love people.

I am going with frirends, AJ.... and as for me going with "someone" I guess I could. But I don't date much, never really did. There is some song out there that I laugh at by Gretchen Wilson. Its about going out with someone she knows isn't Mr Right. I fine it funny because it is true. No one is "a perfect fit" for everyone and I am odd, and silly, and I bounce and I wear peoples patience right out of them.. lol..

So, I love going to the wedding because God put two people together that belong together. And I do not have thoughts about wishing it were me I have been married before. And maybe having the one perfect love in your live is all I will get, but isn't that more than what some people get? I tired again and it has not worked out so well for me, so I guess it is up to God, not me.

I am happy, healthy, crazy and I have fun.. and yeah.. I hang out with all of you cuz you are too.. lol.. And you love guns so we relate.. lol

The kids who stiffed me were funny and I enjoyed their company because I had never done much but ride, rope, shoot, and milk growing up in the country. They taught me a lot, and the lessons they taught me have helped make me just be myself. While they teased me for liking country music and wearing jeans and boots and hats from time to time.. they kept calling me to hang out with them because I was silly. They gave me humor, they helped me see things that I could never have seen without them being in my life. I never followed them down their path to live the way they did. But I think I found out from them that their path was not for me.

Have a nice weekend AJ... I can't wait to see the happy couple they are so cool............. Deja

We did this once to pay back a co-worker who always seemed to forget his wallet....

One by one we excused ourselves at a nice restaurant while at a corporate meeting,

After a bit the guy found himself alone at the table as the bill arrived. He picked it up, looked at it, and set it down.

Then we tapped on the big picture window across from the table (we had planned ahead).

When he looked up we all gave him a BIG smile, waved, and walked away....

He was panicked because he was planning the same stunt again...

We went around to the front and waited 'til he came to the entrance.

See we had already paid the bill and tipped the waitress to play along.

She REALLY played along,

He looked like he had been in the sun for 2 days!

AND he never forgot his wallet again.

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Archived