SASS Wire Forum

Where has Belle Alley gone?

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

............... withdrawals ........ is ....... startin' ....... to ............ hurt .....

Yeah, what he said...

I guess I haven't been paying much attention. I didn't know Belle Alley was that popular? I guess I don't know much about it. I thought it was about sewing and costume making? So someone please fill me in as to why it's so popular?

I guess I haven't been paying much attention. I didn't know Belle Alley was that popular? I guess I don't know much about it. I thought it was about sewing and costume making? So someone please fill me in as to why it's so popular?

Some of the boys here really like sewing!

Nothing like a weekend of taking in a few seams to stir the man juices. Much more satisfying than reloading ammo!

Some of the boys here really like sewing!

Nothing like a weekend of taking in a few seams to stir the man juices. Much more satisfying than reloading ammo!

He's kind of kidding on the square, I think. It has been a while, but costuming is fun, and sometimes the only way to get what you want. Or what your spouse wants.

Not to mention the general chats, the food threads, ladies with guns threads, costuming hints and tricks threads.

Oh..and the photos of the ladies in everything from their white sewings to day dresses to ball gowns.

Guest Kid Sopris, Regulator, #3290

In the beginning there was earth.....The ladies, all close friends had bonded together through their love of the Sport and costuming. They, (The Carolina Belles), formed a web site that was an alternative to the moaning that took place on the Wire, and allowed for nurturing of individual persona's, Costume development and a rallying point for friends of like mindedness to stay in touch. It was Positive Alternative.

Life changes, evolves; people became more involved in the Costuming aspect of the Alley, that fewer shooters stopped by to chat.

The Corset thread, became a stopping off point for many a wayward traveler, particularly one infamous Wallaby from DOWNUNDER, who through his help and the generosity of another Alley member provided the Wallaby Approved Corset Buttons that some lucky ladies now have.

The Stories, the meet-ups and shoot together and the Charity Fundraisers really set a tone. The Alley raised over $50,000.00 for Breast Cancer Research that went STRAIGHT to research and not funding parades or other events. The Alley helped out Battered Women's Organizations and shared the benefits of those friendship and enduring times with the world through pictures and timely postings. They were even recognized by North Carolina Senator Elizabeth Dole for their efforts.

I miss the Alley and the Ladies, they hold a special place in my heart and they provided me with endless hours of fun, and kept a spark for SASS alive during some difficult times of Cancer treatments and healing.

Kid (Carolina Belle Guardian Angel) Sopris

Archived