SASS Wire Forum

Just trying to stir the pot a bit

A SUPPOSITION:

Suppose a feller (or gal) wuz to take a hankering to buying a new rifle. And suppose that person was

a SASS shooter. Do you thunk that Uberti's 1873 Winchester short rifle with a 20 inch barrel and bored for a .44-40 slug would be a good choice? And suppose he was going to purchase this rifle from one of out well known dealers?

Now add to the mix that he already owns a nice pair of .44-40 pistoloes.

What could possibly go wrong?

Take a paint brush.Sounds like a deal to me.

Uh... Badger... the only possible hitch might be... well... um... read Grizzly Dave's thread about his new knife set... :rolleyes:

It sounds to me like your going to have a NEW Favorite short Rifle. A perfect caliber for shooting both the Holy Black smokey stuff and the newfangled smokeless stuff. I shoot 38-40's with both and LOVE it. :wub: Just sayin'

Big Jake

I got one o' them varmints in .44-40, 'cept with a longer barrel. You're gonna like it a lot! :wub:

Well, I suppose that I was into longer artillery pieces, I could go for that. Only problem is I would most likely fall on my face from being off balance. Remember, I am an 81mm guy. You set them on the ground. But, I do have a rather large counterbalance.... :unsure:

No, dang it. Forty Rod dangled a sparkly bright object and now he has distracted me to another choice. I don't do well with decisions on my own. Like I mean, 20 inch barrel, 24 inch barrel, 20 inch barrel, 24 inch barrel. See what I mean. Can I handle a rifle with a 24 inch barrel? Am I man enough to do it?

:huh:

No, dang it. Forty Rod dangled a sparkly bright object and now he has distracted me to another choice. I don't do well with decisions on my own. Like I mean, 20 inch barrel, 24 inch barrel, 20 inch barrel, 24 inch barrel. See what I mean. Can I handle a rifle with a 24 inch barrel? Am I man enough to do it?

:huh:

If your 6 foot tall or taller, get the 24 inch. If under 6 foot tall, get the 20 inch. real easy now. Just sayin'

Big Jake

I most likely will not be doing anything for a while. I have not been to a match for almost a year due

to health issues with my wife and my self. I am just kicking around the idear. If I did, and that is a very big IF, I would probably not shoot BP out of it.

well, just get one in 38/357, you pay for it, and have it shipped to me and I'll let you know how it works when you actually shoot it at a match. Hows that sound?

A 73 is at the top of my wish list.

A SUPPOSITION:

Suppose a feller (or gal) wuz to take a hankering to buying a new rifle. And suppose that person was

a SASS shooter. Do you thunk that Uberti's 1873 Winchester short rifle with a 20 inch barrel and bored for a .44-40 slug would be a good choice? And suppose he was going to purchase this rifle from one of out well known dealers?

He should buy two...Man needs a back-up...

Texas Lizard

They can be hard to come by at times, you should start the process now, and if you are lucky and get one, you can practice with it dry firing in the garage. Capt' Jack would enjoy watching that...

BMC's I am here to help.. and you know I am a huge help.. Get one of each.. then we don't have to fight about it.. but you will have to buy a bigger safe.. lol

Badger,

You were going to ship your BSS to me for repair of a dent in the stock,just go ahead and get the 24" and 20" rifles,send them along with the BSS and I will do a field test on them to help ya decide. :lol: :lol:

BMC's I am here to help.. and you know I am a huge help.. Get one of each.. then we don't have to fight about it.. but you will have to buy a bigger safe.. lol

I may have to get another wife also. Or a new body. This one will be beyond repair.

Badger,

You were going to ship your BSS to me for repair of a dent in the stock,just go ahead and get the 24" and 20" rifles,send them along with the BSS and I will do a field test on them to help ya decide. :lol: :lol:

You know Paladin, the strangest thing happened. That scratch disappeared. Must of healed itself.

:blink:

I may have to get another wife also. Or a new body. This one will be beyond repair.

You know Paladin, the strangest thing happened. That scratch disappeared. Must of healed itself.

:blink:

"Darn the days of mail order are gone and done.. lol. for brides .. ya know.. lol.. Not for guns. so guns are the best.. lol

A SUPPOSITION:

I just hope this feller's order-en of his 73 don't slow down the delivery of another fellers slicked up 66 20" barrel sporting rifle in 38 from the same well known dealer :D

I just hope this feller's order-en of his 73 don't slow down the delivery of another fellers slicked up 66 20" barrel sporting rifle in 38 from the same well known dealer :D

I doubt that you need to lose any sleep over it.

Archived