SASS Wire Forum

100 below spot

Trigger Mike

At those spread prices, he's not getting any of my business. Just sayin'

Big Jake

needless to say I stayed home and did not go. he has done fair in the past. oh well. he does better during the week, he uses the weekend to say he fears a drop on Monday.

I took a couple of rusty grills and other scrap to the local yard and got a few dollars instead.

Being dumb and poor,I have no idea what spot is. Other than a dog. Or maybe where you put the marker for your golf ball. :blink:

Guest jeweler jim

Bob,

Spot is the going price for the metal.

http://www.kitco.com/market/

If you try the link you'll find the market or "Spot Prices" as it moves around the world markets.

Average pricing as has been discussed or cussed on a couple of other threads is 10% below and above for the buy sell on the metal. Have a couple of preferred customers that I sell to at spot as we take in the pure stuff. Call them after a buy and they show up the same day to take possession of whatever it was we took in that we notified them about.

This does not take into account for the collectable stuff as that goes at a "premium" and hopefully it is certified to avoid the argument about grading the condition.

The last two years the metals market has...

Been berry berry good to me!

Coin stores I've done business with have generally been buying "bullion coins" ( one oz. gold eagles, etc. ) for "spot" and selling them for $ 75 above "spot". Don't know what they may be doing right now as I'm not in the market to either buy or sell for the moment.

"Spot" price being the price of bullion pr oz. on the major markets at any given moment.

Bob,

Spot is the going price for the metal.

http://www.kitco.com/market/

If you try the link you'll find the market or "Spot Prices" as it moves around the world markets.

Average pricing as has been discussed or cussed on a couple of other threads is 10% below and above for the buy sell on the metal. Have a couple of preferred customers that I sell to at spot as we take in the pure stuff. Call them after a buy and they show up the same day to take possession of whatever it was we took in that we notified them about.

This does not take into account for the collectable stuff as that goes at a "premium" and hopefully it is certified to avoid the argument about grading the condition.

The last two years the metals market has...

Been berry berry good to me!

In other words the gold isn't more expensive, the dollar is just worth a lot less.

Man, How is that "Hope and Change" working for you?

Archived