SASS Wire Forum

Fort Courage

Pulled into the range this afternoon and saw the Fort Courage flag flying. Flint McCloud, Long Jim, and Willie Wheelgun were already parked and telling tall tales, so all is normal. Well, as normal as it gets with this crew. ;) It is about time for the adult beverages to come out, so things will go downhill fast. Stand by...

A little warm today by our standards - 90 degrees. Fun first day of shooting, even if I did get roped in to being a posse marshal. Wildcat's special 'limeade' is helping to beat the heat while we wait for the evening BBQ to kick off. I managed not to shoot anyone today, but Flint can move pretty fast when you lob 200 grainers at him. :D

Well, I shot the absolute worst match that I've had in years, but guess what? I still had a lot of fun. The heat and the arthritis were giving me fits, but Flint kept plying me with his elixirs and potions... :)

To top it all off, that scamp Wildcat threw in a few tickets for prize drawings and won a shotgun from Wil Shootem at Pioneer Gun Works! :blink: If I had her luck, I'd move to Las Vegas and live the high life. :lol:

Archived