SASS Wire Forum

The king is dead.

Burger King ads: The king is dead. Long live the burger.

Burger King ads will no longer feature the chain's longtime spooky mascot, the King. The company will refocus Burger King ads on its burgers.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Latest-News-Wires/2011/0819/Burger-King-ads-The-king-is-dead.-Long-live-the-burger

Burger King ads will no longer feature the chain's longtime spooky mascot, the King. The company will refocus Burger King ads on its burgers.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Latest-News-Wires/2011/0819/Burger-King-ads-The-king-is-dead.-Long-live-the-burger

It's about dang time! I don't know what corporate idiot thought the plastic headed creepasaur was even vaguely amusing. Always reminded me of a Stephen King movie. Obviously there's still lot of drug use in the ad agencies. :wacko:

It's about dang time! I don't know what corporate idiot thought the plastic headed creepasaur was even vaguely amusing. Always reminded me of a Stephen King movie. Obviously there's still lot of drug use in the ad agencies. :wacko:

I think it comes from that "so incredibly stupid it is somehow funny" model that seems so popular with those under 30.

I think it was a try at playing off of the popularity of Jack in the Jack in the Box ads. Now those can be funny. "What's with the bun? Yeah! Get rid of it!" "But your hands will be covered with meat and cheese!' "Yeah, so?' "OK, we'll look into it." (something like that)

http://www.csmonitor...live-the-burger

Thank Gawgd!

Even Old Navy adds wer better-------

Sides, I kep exspectin him to pat the guy in bed on tha butt???

The king wasn't always so bad..The one back in the 70's and 80's was silly, but not scary.. :blink:

The weird dude with the plastic face was REAAALLY creepy.. :wacko::blink:

The Arby's commercials a few years back stunk also..Made me never want to eat there again! :huh:

the major Joy of having a DVR is skipping the adds...

but yes the king is one creepy mascot. I stopped for a quick lunch at a BK a on last years trip to Santa Fe and they had one doing a meet and greet and about 1/2 the young kids were scared and/or crying... I turned around and headed for a 5 guys for my lunch even though it was another hour down the road

Now if we could just KILL off that stupid looking Clown Ronald McDonald and quit using cartoons for logos. Just sayin'

Big Jake

At least there are a lot of Ronald McDonald Houses out there that provide a ton of relief for those families in need. I don't know that about the other burger chains.

Whew! For a moment there you had me worried....

I realize that I am an old fossil and out of touch, but I just don't understand todays advertising.

I would think that the idea would be to make someone want to buy my products, not make them

think I am an idiot and selling something that may or may not be good, but it is amusing.

Of course in the case of the King, it was not very amusing.

Just shows what the board rooms are full of. Folks out of touch with their markets. And we wonder why so many jobs go to China and elsewhere.

Bring back the budweiser commercials with the frogs and the horses. :lol:

No TV since 2002, I don't miss it at all, especially the commercials! I love the look on peoples' faces when they ask me: "Did you see (insert TV show here) last night?"

And I say: "You have no idea how much I couldn't care less, haven't had TV since '02." ;) (Thank you Monte Walsh).

Bodine

It's okay by me. I thought he was as hokie as Ronald McDonald. I think as long as Burger King keeps the Double Meat Whopper with Cheese, we're good. :)

It's okay by me. I thought he was as hokie as Ronald McDonald. I think as long as Burger King keeps the Double Meat Whopper with Cheese, we're good. :)

I thought the chicken sammish was ok, but that comes from a guy that likes bread and lettuce sammishes. :)

I don't know why the Europeans and other foreigners can make hilarious or thought provoking commercials and we can't.

Uh.. so you all mean there is no real king for burger king? Are you sure.. it says burger king right on the signs,.. and I have a hat that says king or prince or gueen or some silly thing on it.. so, just double checking.. here................. So, the guy on match.com that proposed to me is not a real king of burger king? lol. .. Geesh .................... I am so disapointed.. lol

The Arby's commercials a few years back stunk also..Made me never want to eat there again! :huh:

Shux... just eatin' at an Arby's can make ya never want to eat there again! :huh:

I don't know why the Europeans and other foreigners can make hilarious or thought provoking commercials and we can't.

Yeah we can... :rolleyes:

Shux... just eatin' at an Arby's can make ya never want to eat there again! :huh:

Yeah we can... :rolleyes:

Love that commercial

Love that commercial

My wife and one of our sons talk me into eating at Arby's couple months ago and I agree with you 100%

Archived