SASS Wire Forum

GOLD

Curley Cole, SASS #56849

Pard,

I sold most of my stock at the end of july.

Washington lacks leadership so bad, I can hardly stand it.

Slick talk wont do it.

2000 gold wont surprise me atall.

Best

CR

Forget gold, I'm sticking to silver!

i own Gold Eagles at a very low cost basis relative to today's gold prices...but I'm riding this one out..my downside risk is so minimal, I'm not selling an ounce...yet.....got to see where this one is going.

My stock portfolio makes me gag...only saving grace is that you don't take a loss till you sell it ...If my AAA tax free bonds and blue chip stocks ultimately totally tank, then so does America

Then at least I have my gold and a bit of silver to fall back on..at least for a while until the Chinese reposess the US!;)

BB

I know what ya mean. I mentioned on my other thread that folks are mugging people here in SoCal fer their neck chains. don't want em to know what is in my head..

curley

Guest Texas Jack Black

We have had a lot of house breaks around here .wife packed up all the sterling silver that we have collected for 30 years I weighed it all last evening came to 608 OZ of Sterling :)

CC:

Saw a comment in a financial page yesterday that gold (at $1900) was looking "bubbly"...that's technical financial talk for "close to bursting", I guess.

I am constantly amazed at how speculation in stocks and commodities is based on primarily fear and perception; if I had bought in at $1000 or less, I would be strongly tempted to take my profits and go home.

Of course, that's advice from someone who did not have the foresight to buy in....

LL

CC:

Saw a comment in a financial page yesterday that gold (at $1900) was looking "bubbly"...that's technical financial talk for "close to bursting", I guess.

I am constantly amazed at how speculation in stocks and commodities is based on primarily fear and perception; if I had bought in at $1000 or less, I would be strongly tempted to take my profits and go home.

Of course, that's advice from someone who did not have the foresight to buy in....

LL

I had the foresight to put my long terms savings money into Gold Eagles when gold was 800,. . . and ,more when gold was at 1,000. But I don't need the cash that selling them now would generate. I'd rather have the gold sitting for the long term that speculate on rise and fall of it. :)

Ya I have more in silver than gold (darn it dan..) close to 250oz of silver is still a good amount but ifn it was that gold, I would be tempted to sell, but I didn't buy the gold or silver for investment purposes anyhow...I actually like the stuff. (it killt me to have to sell off 2oz in April to give the tax man..but what the hey.)

gold at this time has dropped back about $80 but is still above the $1800 mark. If it did drop big time I would be tempted to make a good buy, cuz gold just seems to historically go up. it is interesting to look at the graphs on Kitcos page showing the prices over the last 6 months, year, 5 year and 10 years.

Anyways I just love the old gold and silver coins. That waz why I started collecting the Morgan dollars. the last coin I put in that set was the 1895-O and my wife bought it for me for my birthday and paid $102. It now is worth more than 10x that. a kid couldn't start a collection like that anymore.

good shootin and see ya in the gold fields (the news had another item about the folks goin up to Azusa Canyon to try their luck...hmmm, hope they don't find my favorite spot.

curley

This just hit me as funny..... ten years ago I had 2 plus ounces of gold turned into 24 dime-shaped medallions which now adorn 2 hatbands. I guess I better let people think they are brass!

ya think.....

I bet they are dang pretty

curley

The way it's going, that little Dos Pesos coin I cut in half to make a front sight for the '62 Pocket navy is gonna be worth more than the gun. I bought it several years ago for $15 a little country auction. When I cut it in half last year, folks screamed "Over $900 an ounce and you saw it in half". Yeah well, the leftover half is worth what the whole coin was a year ago, and the part on the gun is probably worth $60 scrap value :)

Now that old pocket watch I bought not realizing somebody had tried to make engraving on the gold case go away (scarred it up, creating 'waves" on the back in the process) is starting to look pretty good these days, seeing as I only pair a little over $200 for it..... Might have to take it out and see what I can get for it.

Stocks? Uh, I sold out about 6 weeks ago. I got an order in for about 3/4 ton of BRASS, which I figure is a better investment over the next year or so.

Archived