SASS Wire Forum

Alias needed

A friend of my son & daughter is just starting Cowboy Action & needs a alias.

His name is Griffin Lindquist

He is 16 years old

He is Swedish/Irish

Brown hair, blue eyes, 5'11", slim build

Fluent in Japanese

Hobbies: making jewelery, martial arts, kickboxing, archery, playing piano & now Cowboy Action

I know you're a creative bunch, so let's have em

First thing that comes to mind is Pilot Major Blackthorne - but Shogun was a litle before the Cowboy era. If he was into the Cavalry genre, he could try Nathan Algren from The Last Smurai

What style or styles of martial art does he study?

You could play on his mixed heritage:

Irish Lindquist.

Paddy Lindquist

McLindquist

O'Lindquist

Or his piano playing:

Eighty Eight Keys

Pie Ano Pete

Just a few off the top of my head.

I always like to add two things;

1) dont use your real name. it takes the fun out of an ALIAS if you do.

2) make sure its a name you can and would like to be called, if youre "joes mom" thats great but what would i call you?

Jo momma

somebody had to say it.

This has zero to do with anything you've mentioned, but if I'd have thought of this when I was picking an alias, everyone would be calling me Bodacious.

There's a story that goes with this, but I'll save it for another time. Back "in the day," we used to name our tanks (U.S. Army) and said name had to begin with your company letter. I was in B Company. Take a wild guess what I named my tank... :rolleyes:

Jo Momma

We actually have a shooter in our normal local posse who goes by Jo Mama Crazy.....'course she's the wife of Wheelgun Luke and Mom to two other <16 y/o shooters, so I think we can understand her theme..... :lol:

When I was trying to register an alias for my 8 y/o a couple of months ago, I ran through 8 or 10 aliases in order to finally find one that (1) he liked and (2) wasn't already taken. Slip Noose and I were on the phone for nearly a half hour tryin' to iron that one out.... :rolleyes: As the rolls grow, the alias options dwindle..... He finally ended up with Curly Finn.

Just some musings of mine:

1. Lind a Hand

2. McGriff

3. Black Belt (Mc)Griff

4. Divine Wind ('course this one could have the double entendre among cowboys.... :) )

5. Grasshopper Griff

....I didn't say I wuz good at aliases.... :blush:

Chick

Archived