SASS Wire Forum

Win AA low noise low recoil 12ga

Grizzly Dave

Hey Grizz;

They're still in the Winchester Catalog: Featherlites

However, they seem to be called WINLITES now. Why Winchester doesn't just call 'em FeatherLites, I'll leave for the student to derive. Winchester has them under two SKUs: AA12FL8 and W12FL8 to ensure even more confusion.

It's been difficult to get them here in Kali for years, perhaps because no one knows what to ask for. Clamity has had to go online to order hers.

Meownself, I shoot the cheap(er) Winchester Universal Value Pack stuff.

Here in Ohio,I found them at the local Gander Mountain store.They are expensive though,at almost $10 a box.I tried them out of my stoeger and liked them so well because they won't beat up the gun,not that I'm skeered of recoil.I decided to buy a reloader and hand load them myself.At $10.00 a box,I'll have my reloader paid for in no time and I won't need to waste gas going all over looking for them.With all the gun shops we have around here,nobody carries them except Gander Mountain and as a matter of fact,THEY, didn't even know they carried them.I tried the ones out that I made up myself,sweet!

I think it has to due with the Winchester promotion.

$2.00 off each box of AA shotgun shells, $100.00 maximum

per household. Check the win. site. Wal Mart has them

for $7.57 a box. Mail in rebate makes it $5.57 a box and

that's not to shabby.......

Happy trails

QDG

Winlites and the AA Fealtherlites are loaded to the same specs. However, they have different catalog numbers and a different hull. If you are shooting a double, you should probably still look for the AA version.

Well, one more place I can check on my way to side match day at the annual tomorrow. If I don't go crazy shooting side matches I got enough for the annual this weekend but them I'll be out.

Guess maybe it's time to start reloading them. Any good deals on shot that include shipping?

Winlites and the AA Fealtherlites are loaded to the same specs. However, they have different catalog numbers and a different hull. If you are shooting a double, you should probably still look for the AA version.

Pard bought some Winlites & they had very shallow ribs on the case. Wouldn't shuck so good from his Stoeger. STS worked much better for him. Havn't seen any Featherlites at Sportsmans Warehouse lately ...........

The Wally World outlets near my home have "Featherlites" in stock for about $9 a box. I keep a few boxes on hand for my wife for major matches. However I reload for local matches and practise sessions for about half the cost of factory shells.

GD, we have a local reloading outlet that is selling reclaimed shot for $30 a 25 lb bag. This is not a great deal but is better than virgin shot at $40+ per bag. The Outlaw Trail will be held in just over a month. You could have a Colorado shooter attending the Outlaw Trail pick up some for you and hand it to you at a local match. PM me if you want details on where the reloading outlet is located.

I just looked at my boxes for you GD. They are the low recoil/low noise target load. The box just has the name Winchester across it with "AA" in the middle of the box and a feather. The info on the box is 12 gauge...2-3/4 inches....MIN DR. Eq. .....26 GRAM....8 SHOT. AA12FL8.

Ray - do they still have the yellow badge or whatever you want to call it? Kinda got used to just looking for that.

Yusta B, dang, Sportsmans was my last hope, but I reckon I'll stop by the one in Loveland on my way to Pawnee tomorrow for the side matches.

Grizz..

My local dealer that I get ammo and reloading supplies from doesn't stockem'

I asked why? "They are for sissy's :lol: "

Told him folks use them a lot in CAS..

Can ya order me some? "Yep.. how many cases ya want?"

I ordered a couple cases last year.. I gottem' ... but now I'm into reloading my own...

I guess I'm saying..

If ya don't see them at your local dealer.. he can probably order them for ya..

Rance <_<

They did change the packaging, and changed the make up of them too...AND, I was told years ago that Winchester only does a run of them about once a year, so at the end of that year pickins can get slim.

I started loadin my own when it got hard to find them. Then I stocked up when I did find them, so I usually have 2 5gal cans of hulls, and 2 cases of factory to back up.

good time to get yer self a LeeLoadAll and start stuffin yer own..

curley

Recob's has them in stock, get a couple o' three of cases. Good Luck :)

Recob's

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

+1 for Recob's.

Hey Grizz,

If you start to reloading your own, Recob's is a great place for all your reloading supplies!

I will keep that in mind. I already have a lee load all, just haven't laid in the powder, primers, wads, and shot to start loading my own. I reckon I might ought to get started on that.

I just bought two cases of these from my dealer, because he was putting in a big order they were only $5.00 a box and free shipping. They feel just like Featherlites to me.

If you look at the velocity on those you will see that they are loaded substantially hotter than featherlites. 980fps versus 1200fps.

I just bought two cases here: http://www.gamaliel.com/winchesteraa/winchester-2-12dr-26gram-8-980-fps.asp

for $75 per case plus $25 shipping, minus the rebate it cost me $135.

Many of the WALMART superstores stock them, but not in large quantities.

Also, BASS PRO SHOPS carries them a;so in small quantities.

$5.57 at Wal Mart after mail in rebate!

AA Feather lites AA12FL

They only put out 1 case at a time so they won't run out

so the stock boy informed me.

Happy trails

QDG

Grizz I PMed you.The PM was about some AA light target loads. I have 4 or 5 boxes if you need them.Did not read the posts good.Sorry.

Gents, did you ever consider 1 1/4oz @ 1050 fps - loaded with black powder? And if I can't reload them UNDER 980 fps and they still take the targets down - I'll pay your next year's SASS dues! Yes, that's a 1 1/4 ... verses 7/8 or 1oz shot charge!

Don't purchase the Winlites as they are ribbed not like the original (and still sold) low noise low recoil featherlights if you shoot a double as they don't work well. Hold out for the smooth hulled ones. Every time lately I have been in Walmart they have the correct ones.

The only place around here that carried Featherlites (CVS) is now going to a "No Ammo Sales" policy. :angry: Now, about the cheapest place to find them is across the border in Oregon. There's no sales tax there, so if I buy enough ammo, it makes it worth the trip.

Archived