SASS Wire Forum

Help Needed

Texas Lizard

Is there any state that requires a cap and ball pistol to be shipped by an FFL to California...Here in California we can receive them direct to our home...About the only thing...

Texas Lizard

No communication...No buy...Told him to look for a new buyer...Hope he doesn't come back to here...

Texas Lizard

Is there any state that requires a cap and ball pistol to be shipped by an FFL to California...Here in California we can receive them direct to our home...About the only thing...

Texas Lizard

Not to my knowledge, TL.

I have bought some from all over the USA and all came by snail mail.

Hoped dat helped.

Anyone have a differant story ? :huh:

I live here in California,you can buy and sell.Or Ship in or out of the state.If I dont know the person i'm selling too,I make sure there over 18(proof of ID).

hope that helps.

Murf

I live here in California,you can buy and sell.Or Ship in or out of the state.If I dont know the person i'm selling too,I make sure there over 18(proof of ID).

hope that helps.

Murf

The question is shipping from another state to California...Is there ANY state that requires the use of FFL for shipping a cap and ball pistols...

Texas Lizard

The question is shipping from another state to California...Is there ANY state that requires the use of FFL for shipping a cap and ball pistols...

Texas Lizard

I would look at the Cabela or Midway website and see what states REQUIRE a cap & ball to be shipped to an FFL as a guide.

While I am not a lawyer or legal expert, I think that it would be the seller in such a state that is required to follow their respective state law.

Texas Lizard

Not a question that has come up before. But if you are in one of those states that requires that a cap & ball come to an FFL ... then I'd suggest checking on any state regulations regarding shipping.

Well the way the question reads.... from an ffl if this is the question... the answer is no. but the other way around shipping to an ffl i dont know of any states that would require shipping of any cap and ball to an ffl ...But there are some citys and countys that do. you would have to check with the local laws in the location that you have concerns about. about.....

Perhaps if the OP was more specific as to the state in question and the circumstances, it would help.

Mingo

I wish I could give that info...But my seller has not given much info to me...He just seems that his FFL says he needs to go threw him...Not sure where this will go...

Texas Lizard

I wish I could give that info...But my seller has not given much info to me...He just seems that his FFL says he needs to go threw him...Not sure where this will go...

Texas Lizard

Sounds like you need a new seller. If he won't even tell you what state he's in, he may be selling out of Hong Kong :rolleyes:

Sounds like you need a new seller. If he won't even tell you what state he's in, he may be selling out of Hong Kong :rolleyes:

That might be...Giving another day or so to see what may happen...If nothing, will drop it...It was a good deal but good deals come with good communication...From both sides...

Texas Lizard

Not a lawyer and do not even play one on TV and really do not know anything about the law either for that matter but...

I would check Cabela's or Sportsman's guides to see which states they will not ship cap and balls to. Those would probably be excluded as it was against the law in those states.

Just guessing but the usual suspects of NY, MASS and Ill would be the first I would check actual laws for.

I think NY, Mass and New Jersey require an FFL, but as has been said go to Cabela's and check their list out. Rye

I think NY, Mass and New Jersey require an FFL, but as has been said go to Cabela's and check their list out. Rye

Kinda went there too...I saw the same thing...But with no or very little feed back from seller, its hard to know what is going on...I know that California has there head up there.........But I and everyone else have learned to put up with it...Just some good feedback from seller would be nice...

Texas Lizard

I would just tell the seller go through his FFL if he wants to but he has to pay the extra or you don't buy them. Simple. Some guys insist on going through their FFL as it makes them feel better but then want to pass on the cost, but I don't go for it.

Texas Lizard

Check you state laws.you can recive a BP revolver in california as long as the person getting it is NOT a felon and is over 18.

Murf

Check you state laws.you can recive a BP revolver in california as long as the person getting it is NOT a felon and is over 18.

Murf

The problem is not with me or the state of California...Its with seller, he seems to think he has to go threw an FFL from his side to get them into me...Made a third request for his state and also told him to take them apart and ship them in two boxes neither one holding a complete item...If I can not work him threw the problem in the next day or two I will need to tell him what to do with his pistols...In five years of buying from here or gunbroker I have had no troubles getting pistols or rifles into this state...If I can pass DOJ BS...And have never had a problem with Cap and Ball pistols...

Texas Lizard

If no word or info from him...You will know he is sitting on...

Texas Lizard

Yeah, NJ!!

:angry:

no FFL required in MA, either in or out. Cabella's won't ship here because of all the other things they can't ship here so they just skip it.

Lizard,I would pass on that deal.Thats how alot of people deal with California too.They dont know some of the state laws or think they know and wont sell to pards.You know who you are :angry:

Murf

NYcity requires shipping C&B handguns through FFL, the rest of the state it can go directly to the person.

NYcity requires shipping C&B handguns through FFL, the rest of the state it can go directly to the person.

I'm learning that there places that required to go threw an FFL...But the guy just did not let me know where he was at...With that much info I could have handled the delay and trouble...And I thought California was bad...

Texas Lizard

The Cabela's list is not a good one to go by. They list Washington State as requiring an FFL to ship CnB pistols, and I know that is in error. I tried talking with them about it, but it is a corporate decision, not one based on facts.

Doc

Archived