SASS Wire Forum

Ambush at Cavern Cove – Alabama State Match

Buck D. Law, SASS #62183

What about a posse list for Ambush-any way to see that ahead of time? Or will it only be available at registration, too?

Buck, are you teaching ROI, ROII, and the gunfighter class? You're gonna be one very busy fella!

Greets to ya, Fast Harley.

There's actually a few of us who will be teaching RO classes under the guidance of our resident black badge, Sawyer. You are correct, I will be busy. Do you think I should tell the new gunfighters about the blood brother/sister ceremony that follows the class? :D

I encourage anyone who is not RO1 AND RO2 certified to take the classes necessary to ultimately become RO2 certified. The classes will be at 9:00 (RO1) and 1:30 (RO2) Thursday. The North Alabama Regulators is offering the classes at a reduced rate ($5 and $15 - the amount sent to SASS) in order to make it as affordable as possible.

Who needs to be RO1 and RO2 certified? In my opinion, everyone who plays the game. Does this mean after doing so you must run a timer? Absolutely not. While you would have the "credentials" to do so, essentially by taking the classes you have had the rules of the game presented in their true form as opposed to hearsay.

A shooter does not need to register in advance. Just show up 30 minutes before the class begins and sign up. Please print out copies of the books for classes you intend to take.

Here is a link to the RO1 book.

Anybody can take this class.

Here is a link to the RO2 book.

In order take RO2:

Must be a SASS Member

Must have completed SASS Range Operations Basic Safety Course (RO1- which you can do in the morning and immediately take RO2 in the afternoon.)

Must have competed in Cowboy Action Shooting™ matches for a minimum period of six months.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck,use your own judgement about the blood brother/sister ceremony,but I'd say go for it.

Looking forward to seeing you and Sugah.

Harley.

The RO classes, are not as hard as many may think, its the ceremony and blood-letting afterwards, not for the faint of heart.--------------------- :rolleyes: :rolleyes: MT,

That's a Bummer!!!

Lason and I were really counting on going, but I got swamped with work all of a sudden. He has been shooting well and we made a neat belt knife with buffalo horn handle. He was wishing to show it off.

Vanilla Thunder wanted to shoot too, but I am not so sure about how long he'll last in this sport. Admirable for his first match last month in the always competitive Wrangler category. Finished 11th overall with 1 miss, a procedural and two shotgun make-ups and a stubborn shotgun shell that, according to the TO cost an additional 8 seconds. Funny how these statistics are engrained in my memory huh? Probably a beginners luck fluke, but he had fun none the less. Sadly, he is the poster child for mouse fart loads, a pure embarrassment to all things manly. Taking him to Ambush might reflect poorly on the State of Georgia.

Well, I was thinkin' about shootin smokeless this weekend...... but NOW I changed my mind!! :angry::lol:

Blackwater it wouldn't be the same without you blowing windows out when ya touch a round off. ;)

Can't speak for the mini blaclpowder match but I know the Wild Bunch is 5 cause I wrote em! ;) Ammo and mags, Mr. Tkd, ammo and mags. :P

Excellent! Got ammo, mags and two 45's.

Congrats to the North Alabama Regulators for a great match, and to all the winners (anyone who was at Ambush this weekend). Thanks for a fantastic match...

A special congrats to the 2011 Alabama State Champions... Sugah & Sidekick. Good luck as you represent your state at the Southeast Regional Givhans Ferry in November.

I'm going to try to get some scores posted as soon as I get off work.

After our computer with all of Saturday's scores, all of our 200 shooters information, and all of the stage info crashed, we had to drop back and do what we could do. Five of us worked all afternoon yesterday, starting from scratch and crunching all the information from applications and stage score sheets. We did this on four different computers, and cut/pasted from thumb drives to compile a master copy of the data. We were finally able to get a print out of the match after 6:00 pm last night, from which we were able to make the announcements you've seen here. We haven't been able to get it online to our website yet.

I regret this delay in getting the scores out as bad as anything I've ever had to deal with. I assure you there will be safeguards in place from now on to prevent such from happening. But myself, the club secretary and the awards marshal all had other non-club related duties we had to attend to today.

Please be patient, and I promise to get the scores up and out as soon as I can.

I'm going to try to get some scores posted as soon as I get off work.

After our computer with all of Saturday's scores, all of our 200 shooters information, and all of the stage info crashed, we had to drop back and do what we could do. Five of us worked all afternoon yesterday, starting from scratch and crunching all the information from applications and stage score sheets. We did this on four different computers, and cut/pasted from thumb drives to compile a master copy of the data. We were finally able to get a print out of the match after 6:00 pm last night, from which we were able to make the announcements you've seen here. We haven't been able to get it online to our website yet.

I regret this delay in getting the scores out as bad as anything I've ever had to deal with. I assure you there will be safeguards in place from now on to prevent such from happening. But myself, the club secretary and the awards marshal all had other non-club related duties we had to attend to today.

Please be patient, and I promise to get the scores up and out as soon as I can.

Mark, you guys were awsome in all the work involved in putting the match together, and being there when called for info while we all were shooting. What with Thursday .22 match, then all the side-matches on Friday, and the main matches on Sat. and Sun. you all worked hard. Having the computer problem was un-forseen, then having to start from scratch on the final day, I know you all put an effort to try to correct and get the scores out, evn though late.

For me, the match was awsome, and fun. I tip my hat to all. MT

Thanks again, Mark for all you and your crew did. It was really fun.

I know it was rough to find the computer went down and no real back up. Certainly one a match director's nightmares!!!

Glad you were able to get the data back in.

Ok...I'm trying something here that may or may not work...

I've posted the scores on a Google Document and set the controls to allow anyone who accesses it with the link to be able to view it.

Ambush 2011 Scores

Use the arrow at the right side of the top to scroll down to page 5. Pages 5-13 are the scores. For some reason, the procedural and misses columns are not there, but the overalls and the stage times are.

I've got it sent into our webmaster and hope it will be on our website soon.

Ok...I'm trying something here that may or may not work...

I've posted the scores on a Google Document and set the controls to allow anyone who accesses it with the link to be able to view it.

Ambush 2011 Scores

Use the arrow at the right side of the top to scroll down to page 5. Pages 5-13 are the scores. For some reason, the procedural and misses columns are not there, but the overalls and the stage times are.

I've got it sent into our webmaster and hope it will be on our website soon.

I echo MT's comments. All of you did a terrific job and it was a great shoot as usual--one of my favorites. Nothing you can do to prevent computer failures. All of us have experienced them. Thanks for the hard work in getting it pulled together today. I will be back to Ambush, over and over again I hope. Congrats to all the winners, and in my category to Galvez, with whom I was privileged to shoot, and Marauder, whom I am fortunate to call a friend.

Cassalong Hopidy

• 4 weeks later...

Archived