SASS Wire Forum

Ambush at Cavern Cove – Alabama State Match

Buck D. Law, SASS #62183

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Blue Wolf - now that you're famous and all, I wuz wonderin' if'n you had it within yourownself's wherewithall to have a secret stage as a side match?

Why don't worry bout it being such a big shoot for just ya 2nd one. 12 yrs. ago I too used Ambush as just my 2nd match ever. Think I've gotten just a ltttle better since then. Boy's were real helpful on explaining which end of the gun I point away from me and most times I still remember. :lol:

Come on to Ambush. Tell em to stick ya on my posse and I'll do my dangest to make sure ya have a GREAT time! ;):D

Hey Quigley as was said earlier, my gang is on the way back. My better half Kat Herder has joined the gang and will be shooting with me this year. She will be shooting Ladies Frontier Cartridge. Hope to get to shoot with you this year.

Alabama Shootist

There you are! Why we've had posses out combing the hills and hollers looking for ya!

I glad to hear Kat Herder is shootin with ya and maybe keepin ya inline. Was a chore for the rest of us when she weren't around. :P

Just tell them when ya send in your applications that ya want to shoot with me. I'm headin up one of the posses again, ya poor folks, and it'd be a blast to have so many black powder shooters on one posse. :D

News Flash:

There will be a brand new Dillon RL 550B given away at the Banquet as a door prize. Must be present to win...

See y'all there...

News Flash:

There will be a brand new Dillon RL 550B given away at the Banquet as a door prize. Must be present to win...

See y'all there...

...that's a nice door prize...

News Flash:

See y'all there...

Info I got in the mail said it was a "Dylan" press. I figured it was a chinese copy.

Congratulations Buck! Does this mean you will be charging for those Gunfighter lessons now? ;)

Congrats Buck on your win! I'll be taking your RO1 and RO2 course at Ambush and if I have some time I'm going to drop by the Gunfighter class as well.

CBB, just what the heck were you doing up at 2:29AM perusing the Wire? Is your conscious bothering you from gaming too much during your last shoot? :)

I'll be attending the RO1 and RO2 classes also.

Do I need to do anything, like SASS registration, before the classes start?

Amarillo Rattler

Amarillo Rattler

If any way possible, print off copies of the RO1 and RO2 books. Here's a link to them.

Congrats Buck on your win! I'll be taking your RO1 and RO2 course at Ambush and if I have some time I'm going to drop by the Gunfighter class as well.

CBB, just what the heck were you doing up at 2:29AM perusing the Wire? Is your conscious bothering you from gaming too much during your last shoot? :)

Don't you know I have no conscious KK? I had it surgically removed years ago. I was a little gamey wasn't I? I have a bad case of the flu and it is waking me up at night. Rather than lie in bed and wake my wife up with the coughing and nose blowing I've been getting up and going downstairs for a little surfing. Hopefully I will be able to go back to actually sleeping through the night one of these days. :huh: :huh:

Amarillo Rattler

The world needs more RO2's. I took both the RO1 and RO2 classes at Ambush. They are well worth your time.

The steell is set. The range is cleaned up. The shoot through was today. It went off with out a hitch. Stages look to be straight forward with no P traps, gunfighter friendly except for one which was a split pistol stage. The stages look be good fast stages with a mix of movement in them. Stage 10 is gonna be a lot of fun.

We did have a couple of oops today. One involving Graver Bill. You gotta ask him about it. :ph34r:

What about a posse list for Ambush-any way to see that ahead of time? Or will it only be available at registration, too?

Buck, are you teaching ROI, ROII, and the gunfighter class? You're gonna be one very busy fella!

Fast Harley I think ya'll will have to put up with Sawyer on the RO classes. He'd love to teach the gunfighter class to if he only knew how!! :lol:

If your shooting the Wild Bunch mini match bring lots of 45 acp. Bout 100rds and 4 mags, shooting 5 stages. Ought to be a hoot! ;)

Fast Harley I think ya'll will have to put up with Sawyer on the RO classes. He'd love to teach the gunfighter class to if he only knew how!! :lol:

If your shooting the Wild Bunch mini match bring lots of 45 acp. Bout 100rds and 4 mags, shooting 5 stages. Ought to be a hoot! ;)

I believe the mini match is to be 3 stages. That is what was said at the meeting.

Well it looks like we have a perfect forecast for this weekend. Cept for the forecasted foul smelling smoke caused by the smoke of them Soot Lords. :lol:

I believe the mini match is to be 3 stages. That is what was said at the meeting.

Well it looks like we have a perfect forecast for this weekend. Cept for the forecasted foul smelling smoke caused by the smoke of them Soot Lords.[/color] :lol:

Well, I was thinkin' about shootin smokeless this weekend...... but NOW I changed my mind!! :angry::lol:

Archived