SASS Wire Forum

Ambush at Cavern Cove – Alabama State Match

Buck D. Law, SASS #62183

With four days of shooting, this year's Ambush is going to be even more of a shooter's paradise than years past. While the main match will begin on Saturday October 1st with six stages with the remaining four shot on Sunday, the shooting actually kicks off on Thursday with a cowboy rimfire match. The rimfire match is separate of the North Alabama Regulators, but it's on the same property and available for a $15 fee.

On Friday, there will be a Black Powder Match at 9:00 and a Wild Bunch Match at 1:00 with side matches running the entire day.

An RO1 class will be taught on Thursday at 9:30 and an RO2 class at 1:30.

And if you've always thought you'd like to try your hand (hands in this case) at being a gunfighter, around 4:00 on Friday, yours truly will be teaching Gunfighter 101 (assuming there is interest.)

This year's theme is Lonesome Dove, so come on down. We need some hands to take the herd north. Rivers will be crossed, but no snakes, I promise! Keep an eye out for Blue Duck!

Here's a link to the club's site and a link to the application.

Oh, yeah! I almost forgot about Graver Bill's Shootin' in the Dark on Friday? and Saturday? night. Mercy, just lots of shootin' to be done!

Edit August 18:

Apparently our revamped web site does not have the hotels listed. Try this link for hotels.com. You don't have to book them through hotels.com. Sugah and I have always stayed at America's Best, but Sugah doesn't require fancy...as much as me. :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang Buck, that does sound like fun!

Will there be special gunfighter gamer cards handed out of the class? :D

Wish I could make it, but...well you know the drill.

Have fun.

Grizz

I'm registered and ready for the challenge of shooting in a northern (somewhat) state.

When will the side matches schedule be published?

Just curious.

Amarillo Rattler

I'll be there Wednesday. I don't want to be late fer the shootin. Besides, somebody's got to look after Lick Skillet Charlie and keep him out of trouble. :rolleyes:

I could use a Gunfighter lesson too. :unsure:

Badlands Bob

As far as side matches go we have to get our help squared away, before we can get a final list.

Planed is:

Speed Rifle

Speed Pistol

Speed Shotgun

Long Range Rifle

Fastest 3 gun

At this time the other side matches escape me.

I know we are planning a 4 stage black powder match and a 4 stage wild bunch

Badlands Bob,Keep me outta trouble? HA! I'm gonna be hiding out at the lemonaide stand.Lot of work been going on at the range things are looking great.Looking forward to seeing everyone.If ya miss it yer gonna miss a good'n. LSC

We are in need of people to work our side matches if you donate an hour or two please let us know.

Marshal

Put me down for as much help as you need with the side matches. I will be there all day and available as much as you like(though I might like to shoot them a bit myself after working).

Cassalong Hopidy

:rolleyes: Just a warning-The Alabama Pinky Gang has broken out of prison and it's rumored that they are heading your way-and one of 'em is armed with a 17 shot 73 Musket!!

BTW-I can help with side matches-after the black powder side match.

Mad Smokey "Gatling" Dane

I will be there all day on Friday, I will be glad to help out where you need me

:rolleyes: Just a warning-The Alabama Pinky Gang has broken out of prison and it's rumored that they are heading your way-and one of 'em is armed with a 17 shot 73 Musket!!

BTW-I can help with side matches-after the black powder side match.

Mad Smokey "Gatling" Dane

As you know, I'm a BIG fan of that musket. :D

Buck, now that I've been shooting Gunfighter for about a year, I'm ready for my lesson! I just wanted to develop some bad habits so the coaching would be that much more effective ;)

I just finished watching Lonesome Dove (for the first time, I must admit), a great choice for the theme this year!!

Looking forward to seeing you all at Ambush -- thanks for the update!

Hi-Yo and Awwwaaaaaaaayyyyyy,

TMM

Hammer's comin' !!!

Tuffy set me up as posse marshal again this year... So all you cowfolks wanna have fun... sign up to ride for my brand.

Also... I think I'll be looking for help on a worth while project I've done for several years here at Ambush. For those of you that have not come to Ambush before... After every shooter, the local Boy Scouts clean all the brass out of your way... Then after the match they auction it off (seperated by caliber in 1-5 gal. buckets). Well I have organized a group of cowfolks to donate their time, some ammo, and the use of their guns so we can let these boys shoot some senarios that they watch us shoot.

If this interests you please PM me here on the wire.

Folks This is a "MUST SHOOT"... Put it on your calander, and come on out to play with a great group of cow pokes...

Hammer

:FlagAm: This is the Fifteenth Annual Match for the North Alabama Regulators and having been to 12 or 13 of them I can tell you every one is BETTER than the last one, and this year will be no exception. The .22 match is on the same range that Just Hosted the Alabama State Ruger sponsored .22 match. So keep this one in mind. If you like a lot of shootin' this will be the one to cover that, something for everyone. :wacko::lol:

Its "The" match. I can say BlueJeans looks forward to this match more then any other. There's something for everyone, and those that come, talk about it months afterwards. How any match can improve more enjoyable each year? One needs to come to "Ambush" and see what the hype is all about. MT

BlueJeans still talks about both us getting the "Spirit of the Game" award, she feels very honored.

Mad Dane I have it on good authority tht AQ has shaved his head and face and is totally unrecoginizable. He heard the PINKY gang was on the loose and headed to Ambush and decided this was the best course of action.

Course all that hair was covering up a mess of ugly and now hundreds are lining up for deeeppppp therpy seccions. :P

Looking forward to seeing you all at Ambush and will be sending PM's to those who offered help. Thanks! :D

Absolutely one of the BEST.....Don't miss it! Buck & I will be helping with sidematches THEN I get to drive 2 hours back home, watch Dahlin' cheer and drive us both back after the game so we can wake up bright and early to shoot Saturday and Sunday. Her cheering is cutting into me being able to attend some of the weekend events we have enjoyed in the past.....BUT she is an EXCELLENT cheerleader and it will be over too soon....THEN the shooting will continue. Since she's the "flyer" (the one they toss up into the air) I'm afraid to miss a game in the event that they might miss.....

SOOOOOO much fun planned for AMBUSH. Absolutely something for everyone! Hope to see you there!

I won a raffle for a free entry to this event last weekend but still havent decided if Im gonna go or not.

Pretty good prize to win.....you ought to use it!

Archived