SASS Wire Forum

new SASS model '73 from EMF

Wells Fargo #3863

I just wanted to share about my latest acquisition from EMF, the new Uberti SASS edition ’73 with the engraved side plates, depicting a star with Single Action Shooting Society within a circle. This is a really cool short rifle in 357. General Grant sure has a winner with this newest edition for Cowboy Action Shooters. My hat’s off to him for this new model and it is sure to be a big hit. I don’t know of any better rifle out there for SASS competition (and I have most of the other brands too). I might just be lucky but this one feeds 38 specials just fine and shoots great.

The Cowboys in Norco have been offering a New Shooter Clinic for many years and we like to have a variety of firearms for the newbie’s to try so this is a welcome addition to my collection to have available to share with them. I know that this ’73 is just what I needed to be more competitive and will definitely improve my times. It has taken Tupelo Flash years of prodding to get me to make the change to ‘73’s to be more competitive and improve my speed but now I have to go and get another one for Little Sure Shot too! Thanks a lot, Tupelo!!! I guess that we will be joining the “gamer club” soon so I am off to see Jim Bowie at the Cowboy and Indian Store for a short stroke kit and grabber front sight. Did I mention that the Great Western II’s are really slick right out of the box?

I tried to post a picture but don't know how to do this so you will just have to go to the web site to take a look for yourself. Trust me, it is one you won't want to pass up if you are in the market for a new '73.

Wells Fargo

Normally I don't care for these special editions, however I really like this one. I sure hope they will consider a 44/40 model, if not I may have to look at the 38/357. And yes my GW II's are also very nice. Good Luck :)

SASS Win 1873

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Archived