SASS Wire Forum

Ruthless McDraw

Samuel "Doc" Eells

Ruthless had an MRI this morning to see what the cause of the headaches and blurred vision. Unfortunately it revealed 5 new tumors. The surgeon said they were all in-operable. The Surgeon said that they need to line up hospice. At this point all the surgeon can do is to help ease the pain. Please pray that peace be with Ruthless and DJ.

Your Pard,

Doc

8/17 - 8:39pm

Just talked with DJ again, he is in his words, "in a daze." I can't imagine. Ruthless has an appointment in the morning with the chemo dr. to see if there is a course of treatment that might slow down the progression. He said the larges tumor at this time is the size of his little finger nail. He also said treatment could be determined by how well she handles it physically. As he put it, "if it makes her to sick........" and he could not finish the sentence. He is going to be reading all your comments to Ruthless when the time is right, so she will surely get your messages and well wishes. Thanks for the prayers!

Your Pard,

Doc

8/18 - 6:21 pm

Talked with DJ a little bit ago, just now got home to post this. Ruthless has been moved to a Hospice house, sorry, the name is out in my truck, I will get it later. She is there for the sole purpose of getting her pain under control. Once that is accomplished, she will go home. Finally will have an easy day work wise tomorrow so I will be going to see her in the afternoon. Please keep praying, especially that the Dr.'s can find a way to give her some relief. DJ is hanging in there. He seems a little numb at the moment, but is staying strong.

Your Pard,

Doc

8/18 - 8:31PM

Just got off the phone with none other than Ruthless. She sounds stoned! Kinda like me at the bunkhouse a few hours after we got done shooting at GOA! Seriously, she does sound very upbeat, but, you know our Ruthless! Having her without pain and chatting cheerfully is doing a lot for DJ's mood as well. More to come.

Your Pard,

Doc

8/19 - 1:55PM

I talked to a DJ in tears about 8 this morning. The doctor had been there and talked with DJ. He was talking in terms of weeks. He told DJ his best guess was 2 - 6 weeks. Don't know what else to say right now.

Your Pard,

Doc

8/19 - 11:35pm

Just home from visiting with DJ and Ruthless. What a gal! But you guys know that. There she is, still having head aches, buzzin from all the pain drugs they give her, and she is still more interested in all her cowboy friends and how everyone else is doing! Her spirits are still pretty good. DJ, well, it rips me up inside. He is so lost and hurting. He is staying strong in front of Ruthless. I will be back over in the morning with Deadwood Stan, they are looking forward to seeing him for sure. More as I get it.

Your Pard,

Doc

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LORD GOD, you know my heart in this matter, please touch Kat with your healing hand is my most heartfelt desire, but LORD most of all have your will in her life, please send the Comforter to her and DJ that they may feel and know your peace. LORD give me and all their friends and family the wisdom we will need in dealing with this as well. Your will be done...in Jesus's name, amen and amen.

cheyenne

Kay and I are continuing to send our prayers to two beautiful people. Thanks for being there for them Doc.

KK

Ruthless and DJ, may your faith give you strength, peace and understanding throughout these times. Prayers up for y'all and all of your family and friends. God Bless.

We are in tears after hearing this news.

Two of the finest folks you'll ever meet.

We continue to pray for Ruthless & DJ.

--Dakota Skipper & the Dawg

May the Lord give them peace and comfort in this time of need, and if it be his will, lay healing hands upon this fine and wonderful lady.

Our prayers redouble.

Blackwater, Schoolmarm, and Hatfield, and our extended families.

This is so hard to hear about. I don't have the words for this. Just continuing to pray!

Heart breaking! Ruthless and DJ are the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. Prayers up for both.

Scotsman

I to I'm lost for words. When I get the phone call this morning my knees started to buckle. Well being praying for both of you. Please be strong DJ.

Your Pard

Wagon Master

Prayers are coming. None of us understand why things happen. We have to turn it over to the Lord.

I can't speak for everyone but Ruthless and DJ were 2 fine people to get to know. For anyone that hasn't had the pleasure of meeting Ruthless, they trully have missed a great opportunity.

DC

Prayers up from Texas for Ruthless and DJ and all their family and friends.

We are so sorry to hear about the news. We LOVE Ruthless and DJ like family. They have always been our prayers and more than ever now. Words are hard to come up with.

Ruger Ray and Free Spirit

Sad news , our Prayers continue to go out to Ruthless and DJ, Thank you Doc Ells for being there for them and for keeping all of us updated you are a Blessing. Mad River Merv, Shayna Sureshot,&Leadslinger Lee.

Words can't express how saddened I am to hear this news. Love and prayers to Ruthless and DJ.

Rye

When we got the news yesterday, just couldn't find the words.

This morning is the same.

Love ya Ruthless!!!!!!!

Be strong DJ.

Your in our prayers.

Boone and Cookie

Just can't find the words to express how we feel. Ruthless and DJ are some of the finest in our sport and it is unfair that life is throwing this at them. All we can say is keep up the fight and know that we are ALL praying for you :)

Much Love,

The Beeson Gang

Blackjack, CJ, Not So Quick Nick, Just Jamie and Crazy Kate

Archived