SASS Wire Forum

Guns of Autumn

Badlands Bob #61228

BLB I looked at the time frame and shucks as slow as I shoot I don't know if I will have time to finish.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on how much cleaning you require. If everything goes according to my master plan (yea, right) we should be having the raffle drawing within about 20 minutes of the last shot and the awards right after. That'll give folks time to put up their gun carts and wander back towards the pavilion. Minimal down time is my goal.

This is a rough schedule subject to adjustments.

08:30 - 9:00 Safety Meeting

09:00 - 12:00 Shoot 4 stages

12:00 - 1:00 Lunch

1:00 - 4:00 Shoot 4 stages

4:00 - 5:00 Raffle / Awards

Sounds great Bob

The groom to be (LSC) arrived at my house around 8 p.m. this evening. He seems to be in good spirits and is drinking a lot. (my good spirits--crown royal) (M

BLB I looked at the time frame and shucks as slow as I shoot I don't know if I will have time to finish.

Floyd, I've got a flashlight and we'll stay as long as it takes. Heck, if it gets too late, I'll rustle up some Chinese takeout for supper.

The groom to be (LSC) arrived at my house around 8 p.m. this evening. He seems to be in good spirits and is drinking a lot. (my good spirits--crown royal) (M

Did he bring his special lemonaide? It helps him sleep better. :lol:

I was out at the range this morning helping a little (read that VERY little) with setting up the steel. There are some very interesting stages to be shot. If'n ya ain't made plans to be shootin' this Sat'day at Guns of Autumn ya oughta think about changing your plans. Its gonna be a fun shoot.

The Cliff Notes version of the happenings........

8th annual Guns of Autumn...Saturday, October 29th, 2011...one day match with 8 stages....new pavilion...theme for this year is "Our Heroes have always been Cowboys".....Silver City Rebel has been busy writing the stages...We have some new targets to play with this year...Hint: Some of them are knockdown so bring appropriate ammo....the awards ceremony and prize drawings after the match......we have 3 cowboy pistols to give away and we will be raffling off a new Stoeger shotgun....All SASS rules apply....Shooter's safety meeting starts at 8:30 a.m....Cherokee Gun Club....1700 Chandler Road...Gainesville, Ga. 30507

-------------------------------------------here comes the bride,

so tiny you could hide her

in a gunny sack.

Her little dress is white as snow

Those little cheeks are all aglow

The flowers tucked neatley in her arms

Has Lickskillet Charlie weak with all her charms

On Friday they wed

It's already set

Inside it will be

So no one will get wet

The preacher is coming from far away

I just wonder what he is going to say

His wife is a wailer and a cryer too

Ole' LSC ain't got a clue

Wish you all could be here for this private affair

But Little Bertha insisted only a few to be there

So small is the wedding and small is the bride

If things don't go well--she will simply hide.

When we was eatin' lunch yestady I noticed that ole' Lickskillet Charlie (LSC) was eatin' off'n two full plates. Seeing as how his intended was not there, and don't eat for that matter, you think ole LSC was eating fer two? You don't think ole LSC and Bertha got a bun in the oven do ya! I did notice ole LSC wandering around the little side door on CC's RV by Bertha's bunk at Ambush....you don't think they......NAH, just couldn't be! Of course ole LSC was following strict doctors orders for that prescription "juice" in the mason jar he was a drinkin' from. Its hard to say what LSC would do after swigging on that medicine. CC, ya might'n just get to be a grandpa in a little while! (Does anyone know the gestation period fer "little folks"?)

It was a lovely wedding...Bertha and Lickskillet Charlie are now hitched. The wedding video can be seen here. No more need be said...the video says it all. Congratulations Skipalick!

Woo-Hoo! Another great match by the Cherokee Cowboys, this Masked Man was glad just to be there.

Sorry I had to dash away, but as is too often the case, I was needed elsewhere.

Congrats to Badlands Bob and the whole club!!

Hi-Yo and Awwaaaaayy,

TMM

It was a lovely wedding...Bertha and Lickskillet Charlie are now hitched. The wedding video can be seen here. No more need be said...the video says it all. Congratulations Skipalick!

I started a new topic on this one. I'm afraid the ENTIRE WORLD wouldn't get a chance to see it buried on page 5.

Archived