SASS Wire Forum

Guns of Autumn

Badlands Bob #61228

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't neeed no steenkin' speeler if he can run the CC and GOA as good as he does. I think he needs a little more practice on the cobblers though. Say, uh, GOA you could make one blueberry and one apple and let's see if you have improved any since Ambush.

We don't neeed no steenkin' speeler if he can run the CC and GOA as good as he does. I think he needs a little more practice on the cobblers though. Say, uh, GOA you could make one blueberry and one apple and let's see if you have improved any since Ambush.

I got me a new dutch oven pot handle and a tripod I've been hankering to try out. I don't know if my new tools will make it taste any better but I'll look more like I know what I'm doing.

Obviously I can't spell either. :lol:

I can attest that he is touchy about it. Of course I can't count the number of different ways I've seen Rolan Kraps spelled. Maybe I should have gone with something easy like "Bob"?

I can attest that he is touchy about it. Of course I can't count the number of different ways I've seen Rolan Kraps spelled. Maybe I should have gone with something easy like "Bob"?

Rolan...are ya sayin' ole Badlands Bob is "easy?"

Sdnaldab???? :D

Ya know Marauder, I've heard Sdnaldab introduce himself that way after he's had a few. I thought he was just slurring his words because of the licker, turns out he was just showing off :)

Ya know Marauder, I've heard Sdnaldab introduce himself that way after he's had a few. I thought he was just slurring his words because of the licker, turns out he was just showing off :)

I'm a man of many useless talents. Most of them I keep hidden so as to not be seen as puttin' on aires.

sdnaldaB boB

Spelled backwards it's still-----------------------------B--O--B :lol:

are there any slots left open? We just got a 4th child so I don't know if I will make it or not, but am trying to.

Yes we have slots left. We'll make room. I just called the BBQ vendor and ordered another 20 lunches....just in case. I don't want anybody to go hungry. :)

Just got a call from the bridal shop. Little Bertha is undergoing a complete makeover. She is getting a new hair style, a new bridal dress, veil, make up, and will be holding a bouquet of flowers as she comes down the isle. I don't know if we should play here comes the bride or here She is Miss America. LSC you lucky devil you.

Hey CC Got the buckboard loaded,horses shod and fed and packed my Sunday go to meeting clothes.Will be pulling out early Thursday morning.Hide the likker and lock up the wimmen we're invading Ga.Gotta stop on Sand Mountain and check out CC's fainting goats tho.BTW where did i put that KK doll at? Dang can't find the pins either,guess i'll just have to use nails. HE HE HE LSC

8th annual Guns of Autumn...Saturday, October 29th, 2011...one day match with 8 stages....new pavilion...theme for this year is "Our Heroes have always been Cowboys".....Silver City Rebel has been busy writing the stages...We have some new targets to play with this year...Hint: Some of them are knockdown so bring appropriate ammo....the awards ceremony and prize drawings after the match......we have 3 cowboy pistols to give away and we will be raffling off a new Stoeger shotgun....All SASS rules apply....Shooter's safety meeting starts at 8:30 a.m....Cherokee Gun Club....1700 Chandler Road...Gainesville, Ga. 30507

Just lifted some of the details from sdnaldab bob's original post...this is the Cliff Notes version. Knockdown targets...appropriate ammo; I missed that little detail till I read the post again tonight.

Gonna be a great shoot...sdnaldab bob has a guarantee on good weather, great stages and a gentle breeze on the lower berms for the darkside soot shooters! And, from the scuttlebutt here on the Wire, we're gonna have some real characters shooting wif us. If'n ya'll ain't registered yet be sure to let sdnaldab bob know you're loading up the buckboard and motivating to the match. It's gonna be a great shoot. See ya'll there!

Brother Bob, what is the timeline of events, will we have time to clean up after the match before the awards? Just asking because I clean up quite well.

:)

Judge,

The SASS(y) hand book of rules on Page #3 article 2 line 4 says, and I quote, "Any shooter what shows up for awards in flip flops and plaid drawers will not be allowed to accept his/her (her wouldn't be caught dead in such an outfit) :wacko: awards.

Make dang sure he understands this. OK? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Judge,

The SASS(y) hand book of rules on Page #3 article 2 line 4 says, and I quote, "Any shooter what shows up for awards in flip flops and plaid drawers will not be allowed to accept his/her (her wouldn't be caught dead in such an outfit) :wacko: awards.

Make dang sure he understands this. OK? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I seen Tuco shoot in shorts at Doc Holliday's Immortals in Griffin this summer...dang white legs had me blind :) Of course meown legs were so white you'd think I been dustem off with Martha White all summer.

Brother Bob, what is the timeline of events, will we have time to clean up after the match before the awards? Just asking because I clean up quite well.

:)

It depends on how much cleaning you require. If everything goes according to my master plan (yea, right) we should be having the raffle drawing within about 20 minutes of the last shot and the awards right after. That'll give folks time to put up their gun carts and wander back towards the pavilion. Minimal down time is my goal.

This is a rough schedule subject to adjustments.

08:30 - 9:00 Safety Meeting

09:00 - 12:00 Shoot 4 stages

12:00 - 1:00 Lunch

1:00 - 4:00 Shoot 4 stages

4:00 - 5:00 Raffle / Awards

Ya'll won't believe this--------I went by the bridal company to check on Little Bertha. Couldn't find her anywhere. What I didn't know was the pretty little girl they were werking on was her. She doesn't even look like her own self anymore. I wish I could share a pic with ya'll but it's bad luck. (Lord knows ole' LSC needs all the luck he can get) But don't worry we have a photographer for the wedding.

I am so excited about this wedding. It's almost like marrying off one of my kids. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya'll won't believe this--------I went by the bridal company to check on Little Bertha. Couldn't find her anywhere. What I didn't know was the pretty little girl they were werking on was her. She doesn't even look like her own self anymore. I wish I could share a pic with ya'll but it's bad luck. (Lord knows ole' LSC needs all the luck he can get) But don't worry we have a photographer for the wedding. I

am so excited about this wedding. It's almost like marrying off one of my kids.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will the picture taker add his customary number to the bottom of the picture for identification on the Post Office wall or will he just be takin' ragler pitchers?

Do we need a regular preacher man or is this gonna be one of those Kajun weddings :wub: with the broom and a chicken foot?

I sure hope LSC has the energy left to shoot the match. :lol:

Well I had planned on a good old fashion Kajun wedding; we had a chicken's foot and a broom. But LSC et the chicken foot and his fiance is a ridin' the broom to the nuptials....so I guess it'll just be a plain ole wedding :)

Archived