SASS Wire Forum

Guns of Autumn

Badlands Bob #61228

The Cherokee Cowboys would like to welcome everyone, especially Gunfighters and Outlaws, to the 8th annual Guns of Autumn. This match will be on Saturday, October 29th, 2011. This is our annual one day match with 8 stages. There are lots of big matches that cost well over $100 in match fees. Well, not at Cherokee. This year the match fee is $35 for adults and $15 for Juniors. The shooters fee includes lunch catered by the Three Little Pigs BBQ and will be served under the new pavilion.

Our theme for this year is Our Heroes have always been Cowboys. Well be paying tribute to the silver screen cowboy heroes. Many of these people were heroes in real life. Silver City Rebel has been busy writing the stages so you know they are going to be close and fast. We have some new targets to play with this year too. Hint: Some of them are knockdown so bring appropriate ammo.

Every year we choose a local charity and donate part of the match fees and the raffle proceeds to that charity. This year, we have chosen CASA. The Hall/Dawson CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) represents abused and neglected children during custody and abuse hearings. These people represent and speak for the kids and we felt like this was about as worthy a cause as we could find.

Well have the awards ceremony and prize drawings after the match. Speaking of prize drawings, we have 3 cowboy pistols to give away and we will be raffling off a new Stoeger shotgun to benefit CASA.

Registration form: http://www.cherokeegunclub.org/parameters/cherokeegunclub/uploads/Guns%20of%20Autumn%202011%20registration.pdf

No charge for vendors.

All SASS rules apply.

Limited to the first 120 shooters

Date: Saturday October 29, 2011

Shooters safety meeting starts at 8:30 a.m.

Cherokee Gun Club

1700 Chandler Road

Gainesville, Ga. 30507

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob,

Who else is BRAVE enough besides Lawman Mark to try it?

It kind of makes me think you are dangling the carrot in front of the horse for me.

I'm not sure yet if we will be in town. Lot's of things going on in October.

FCGF sure get's my blood to boiling though.

I'll be there...gonna bring my application and gold dust to the upcoming Cherokee Cowboys shoot.

Just one question....will Cherokee Charlie be bringing his "low to the ground" wrasslin' pards with him to this shoot? :lol:

Bob,

Who else is BRAVE enough besides Lawman Mark to try it?

It kind of makes me think you are dangling the carrot in front of the horse for me.

I'm not sure yet if we will be in town. Lot's of things going on in October.

FCGF sure get's my blood to boiling though.

Judge,

Consider the carrot dangled. Besides, watching you professional gunfighters throwing fire with both hands is quite a show.

In addition to the website, we'll have applications at the Cherokee Cowboy matches and going out in the monthly newsletter.

You know I am coming, Bob. Always a great match and with Silver City Rebel (once again the Frontier Cartridge World Champion in 2011 I understand) writing the stages, and new targets, it can only be better than ever. Will turn my application in to you in person at this month's match.

Cassalong Hopidy

Glad to have you Cass. It's going to be a fun match. The range has never been in better shape. Breezy's sod farm is looking good and he says we can shoot on it starting in September. The place is starting to look like a State park. :)

I'm in! Shootin BP also.

:FlagAm:

I can now predict the weather on shooting day....FOG...lots of low hanging FOG!!

I can now predict the weather on shooting day....FOG...lots of low hanging FOG!!

And if you put Tuco and me on the same posse, we'll make London look like San Diego. :D

BUFFALO WESTERN WEAR will be a Sponsor again this year, so I'll be set up with a Trailer load of Cowboy NEEDS. Hey, don't forget the "COWBOY SYMPOSYM" at the BOOTH WESTERN MUSEUM in Cartersville, Ga. the weekend before. Ask anyone that has ever attended, its a HOOT. See Ya there. B)B)

• 1 month later...

Some the Alabama folks over at Ambush said they were coming too. Rumor is that Lickskillet Charlie is getting married that weekend in what is sure to be the social event of the season. Yep, this is a shoot not to be missed.

We got folks registered from at least 4 different states. The plans are all in place and everything is coming together. A lot of folks have been working hard to make this a fun match. Come on out and join us. 8 stages. Bring lots of ammo.

P.S. I have nothing to do with Lick Skillet Charlie and his reported relationship with Bertha the Champion fighting midget. Don't ask, don't tell is my policy. :lol:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05882.jpg

Here is a pic of the bride. I will be there. I wouldn't miss this wedding for anything. In fact I may give the bride away. (thankfully)

Since I am employed by BLB (at no pay--not even found) I guess I have to be there. I am a painter of horses.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/horse005.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05882.jpg

Here is a pic of the bride. I will be there. I wouldn't miss this wedding for anything. In fact I may give the bride away. (thankfully)

Since I am employed by BLB (at no pay--not even found) I guess I have to be there. I am a painter of horses.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/horse005.jpg

Pants afire Meyer won't even recognize that horse when you get done. I'm gonna put you in for a 5% pay raise. Keep up the good work.

I'll bring a few extra ca'tridges just in case BB wants to come over to the dark side :)

Thanks for the offer LM but I've got enough challenges without adding black powder to it. It is fun to watch you black powder gunfighters go at it. I think I'll just stick with the smokeyless stuff for now.

LSC,

It won't be long now before you lose your------------------------------freedom!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

JUST A REMINDER TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE TICKETS TO SELL FOR THE GIVE AWAY TO SUPPORT OUR CHARITY-----SELL TICKETS AND EAT MO CHICKEN!!!!!!

Archived