SASS Wire Forum

Belle Alley News

Nellie Blue #54399

For the ladies (and lurkers) that normally hang out at the Belle Alley.... :wub:

I just talked to Hugh via text... :ph34r:

He has been transferring files as fast as they will go but the Alley will probably be down for two more days. I'll post here as soon as I hear it is back up.

For those of you that have been chomping at the bit...I'll try to put this in perspective for you...think about how long it takes you to upload one photo...he's having to upload hundreds of peoples photos from the last 8-9 years. :unsure::blink::wacko: Wow!!! That's a LOT of files!

So...in the mean time....try to stay out of trouble...Wobbly! :lol: ROFL

Sounds like an electronic corset stay busted.

I hate it when that happens.

So does this mean BA is being transferred to the Wire or somewhere else?

My wife couldn't get on last nite.

The Alley is being transfered from one hosting service to another and during the transition is is not available. When Hugh Damwright has it all transfered and vetted it will be back up and running.

Scout

And I thought I had done something wrong !!!!!!

Kept on getting the message that my account had been suspended.

Good news. Thank you.

WBJ, will we see you at Newtec this Sunday ?.

Regards

And I thought I had done something wrong !!!!!!

Kept on getting the message that my account had been suspended.

Good news. Thank you.

WBJ, will we see you at Newtec this Sunday ?.

Regards

....... with belles jinglebobs on ..... :D

B)

I'm in the process of moving it to my personal hosting account, and in and out due to work & prior commitments in the meantime which is slowing me down. It would expire on the busiest week I've had in a good while !~

That's the way it always goes...feast or famine! Hugh...thanks for all you do!

Don't thank me too soon. Things are looking rather ugly right now. Doing all I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hugh and I exchanged e-mails the first of this week. Seems the size of the Alley backup file is 1.3 gig and the max size allowed on the service that Hugh uses is 1 gig. Looks like all those photos everybody has enjoyed posting and viewing over the years has grown the site to a masive size. Some options have been discussed but suggestions are welcome.

Scout

I take responsibility for it, if I had thought to clean up all the old error logs, trash, etc... junk like that, it may just have been under the size limit. Of course, it would have been over the limit within a few weeks or so by running it that close. I know it's been down a while, but I'm doing what I can. It's difficult to work with and I can't run another backup, as the old hosting service account expired. Please bear with me a little longer and hopefully something can be resolved.

Hugh Darlin'!

We know that you do your best for us with the resources you have. We shouldn't ask for more. Thank you for whatever you work out.

One thing I read a comment about on Facebook implied that the tutorials might be first priority. Sorry I forgot the title of that forum. :rolleyes:

Unless you are making the "big bucks" :unsure:;) we take what you can do for us without complaint. :unsure:

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

Hugh Darlin'!

We know that you do your best for us with the resources you have. We shouldn't ask for more. Thank you for whatever you work out.

One thing I read a comment about on Facebook implied that the tutorials might be first priority. Sorry I forgot the title of that forum. :rolleyes:

Unless you are making the "big bucks" :unsure:;) we take what you can do for us without complaint. :unsure:

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

Don't remember that. I'd hate to lose all that or Firelands either for that matter. Unfortunately there is no saving this part, or that. It's all or nothing.

Hugh,

I've been going through the same pains myself with my site. Transferring that mass of information takes TIME and a lot of work.

Folks y'all oughta give Hugh a big hand and a bunch o' thankees for what he's doing!

Duc McC

Thank you Hugh for all that you're doing for us. We really appreciate it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a successful transfer. We owe you a great big thank you of some kind for all of this!!!!

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread and please forgive me for resurrecting a "Moldy Oldy" ...

... but the Alley is down again.

(Insert signs of profound distress here!) :(

HOWEVER --

the GOOD news is --

Agent Damwright is on the case!

(Insert wild applause, cheering and whistles with hats tossed in the air!) :D

Hugh said he's a-workin' on it and didn't go into particulars which did not bruise my feelin's one little bit.

Y'see, Hugh is younger, smarter and better lookin' than me, and besides which he's the Web Master, which is kind of like the Wagon Master, only he herds little webs around.

I think.

I don't really know about those sort of things, I'm just a poor dumb hillbilly, so I figure if Hugh is handling it, why, that's likely the limit of my knowledge so I'll content myself therewith.

(Therewith. Like that word? Paid good money for it!) :P

Archived