SASS Wire Forum

E Clampus Vitus

Eamon Chute

Sometimes the Clampers jokes and poking fun at each other and pretentiousness gang agley, as with The Drake Plate. But overall as fine, and generous a bunch of amateur historian drinkers (or is that drinking amateur historians?) as one could find.

Many take it on themselves to delve into the little know, often ignored, and sometimes buried history of the American West, putting up markers to commemorate sites of hanging, lynchings, miners camps, bawdy houses, and outhouses.

Doc Maynard Chapter 54-40, Seattle, 1960. That ain't in "the area".

Or Umpqua Joe in Oregon, Snake River in Idaho, Lost Dutchman in Arizona and New Mexico, Beehive in West Virginia, Queho in Southern Nevada, Julia C Bullette in Western Nevada, Lucinda Jane Saunders in North Eastern Nevada, Matt Warner in Utah, Al Packer in Colorado.

We be every where.

Eamon, check ecvgazette.com, click on chapter sites and click on branciforte. We've got a doins next weekend at Deer Camp in Watsonville and a plaquing this saturday, the 20th, in Boulder Creek.

Look me up, I'll be the guy in red.

Hmmmmm......that should narrow it down some :wacko:

I'd love to join all y'all at the plaquing and the doins', unfortunately I work on Saturdays from 3pm - 1am.

BTW - our Grand Imperturbable Hangman has decided on building a portable western town (keeping with our gold country traditions) to be used in our initiation ceremonies. He too expressed interest in our little shooting hobby here.

Clamp on!

EC

So on Saturday I was working with some brothers cleaning up a stretch of I-280 in San Mateo County and while at lunch we were talking about hobbies, interests, and such. Well I mentioned that I participate in CAS and was going to a "shoot" the next day. They were all very interested and asked tons of questions. All were truly interested since, as an organization, we all share a passion for the history of the old west in general, and the history of pioneer California in particular. What piqued my interest the most was that they all assumed that there were a lot of ECV members in SASS and participating in CAS events regularly.

My question then is to the esteemed members of the SASS community is:

Are there any other brother Clampers on here? I think there must be.

I ask this question in the Saloon of course because, well....if your a Clamper you know why!

What say the brethren?

EC

Well there's two of them fellers right here at my work. Some gud ol boys indeed. My better half (Dollmaker) even crochet / knitted a couple of red caps for them two.

:lol::D

Hmmmmm......that should narrow it down some :wacko:

I'd love to join all y'all at the plaquing and the doins', unfortunately I work on Saturdays from 3pm - 1am.

BTW - our Grand Imperturbable Hangman has decided on building a portable western town (keeping with our gold country traditions) to be used in our initiation ceremonies. He too expressed interest in our little shooting hobby here.

Clamp on!

EC

If you're YB1, that should be Norm, right? He's been to my ranch and saw my range and out buildings.

If you're YB1, that should be Norm, right? He's been to my ranch and saw my range and out buildings.

That be him..."Pepperjack" he's called.

Do you participate in the Fall Doins' up at the Russian River? Pepperjack hopes to roll-out the town, though it will take some work to do.

Hardpan - get on board. You're a daisy if ya' do.....and you'll NEVER be sorry.

EC

I know that Big Medicine Sass # 19 is a Clamper. His group here in SoCal builds and maintains the State Historical Markers you see on the side of the road. They are built of stones about 4 feet tall with Bronze plaques attached to them. He showed me the one they built off Hyway 10 between Palm Springs and Blyth. It was Patton's training grounds for the tanks for WWII. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Eamon, check ecvgazette.com, click on chapter sites and click on branciforte. We've got a doins next weekend at Deer Camp in Watsonville and a plaquing this saturday, the 20th, in Boulder Creek.

Hey Ramrod,

I just looked at the photos on facebook of the plaquing last saturday. Looked like a great day! And I see you wore a tie as befittin' the occasion. Well done brother. Well done indeed. :FlagAm:

EC

So on Saturday I was working with some brothers cleaning up a stretch of I-280 in San Mateo County and while at lunch we were talking about hobbies, interests, and such. Well I mentioned that I participate in CAS and was going to a "shoot" the next day. They were all very interested and asked tons of questions. All were truly interested since, as an organization, we all share a passion for the history of the old west in general, and the history of pioneer California in particular. What piqued my interest the most was that they all assumed that there were a lot of ECV members in SASS and participating in CAS events regularly.

My question then is to the esteemed members of the SASS community is:

Are there any other brother Clampers on here? I think there must be.

I ask this question in the Saloon of course because, well....if your a Clamper you know why!

What say the brethren?

EC

You could describe the Clampers as a drinking club with a social problem, IYGMD.

Archived