SASS Wire Forum

Target drawings

Sorry Cash i meant templates to make steel cowboy targets.

SV-UR

our club was looking to replace some steel buffalo targets, so i took up the task for them. The local laser cutting company in this area wanted $200 -$300 to develope a "CAD" file of the buffalo. They would use my file IF i could come up with one. Searching the internet, i found a FREE ".dxf" file that my laser cutter could use. He is charging me ... 1 pc @ $56.00 each or 5 pcs @ $53.60 each ..... these buffalo targets are approximately 18" x 24" and 1/2" mild steel. They have made me one to take to the club, i pick it up this monday (8/29/11). I am now trying to find an indian target and that has proved very challenging. I have a couple other targets in the ".dxf" format for CAD laser cutting. Email me if you want them.

Our club also wanted some Indian head targets. We found a drawing we liked and took it to one of our members who runs a print/copy shop. He was able to enlarge it to about 24x24 inches. Another of our members has a plasma cutter. And, as they say, “The rest is history”.

Moral of story: Find a design that meets you needs and have it enlarged to the size you want.

Archived