SASS Wire Forum

Yesterday's brass is in the tumbler..

Grizzly Dave

In a few hours I'll have ammo to load!

Guess I'll go organize the ammo cabinet while I wait.

Lazy Sunday afternoon, the last of 5 days off, back to work tomorrow, but going to a 3 day annual next weekend, can't wait.

Well, with the MTM 100 round boxes I got for my bday, I finally have enough for all the 38s if they're loaded at the same time.

So, I finally took the 'factory' ammo I have left that I bought when I started and put it in MTM boxes for use. I'd held some back in case I had problems with my reloads, which, I haven't.

I did set aside the 50 rounds of factory 158gr cartridges to save for if I ever see any knockdowns, been shooting three years round these parts and haven't seen one yet.

Noticed I am getting low on shot gun shells, I should have enough to do the annual this coming weekend including side matches, but will need some before the next match after that. Checked my local Walmart a few days ago, they don't seem to stock the low noise low recoil shells any more. I'll have to try another walmart this week, but if I have to pay sporting goods store prices I'm gonna have to get serious about reloading shotshells too.

Just got back from gun show didn't get no reloading done at least only monthly match coming up still got few rounds to get me through. Did find nice antler tip to load rifles with and did moulding for custom fit ear plugs. Wife got new pair safety glasses.

Got yesterdays cases out of the tumbler all bright and shiney, wasn't doing anything else right them so ran them all thru the decap resize die on the rock chucker. After 160 odd pulls on the handle decided to come in and see what was going on in here.

Kinda quiet today. I think everyone is too hot, too tired, or two both. Or out actually having lives. :rolleyes:

Starting to consider what to fix for dinner. Might just scramble a few eggs and make some toast. Either that or a cabbage and carrot salad with a hard boiled egg chopped into it.

Got bit on the neck by a spider yesterday (I think it was a spider, can't think of anything else) and feelin' a bit off today. Swelling has gone away, mostly, just a bit tender still. No discoloration, no streaks or anything. Kinda weird.

Well, with the MTM 100 round boxes I got for my bday, I finally have enough for all the 38s if they're loaded at the same time.

So, I finally took the 'factory' ammo I have left that I bought when I started and put it in MTM boxes for use. I'd held some back in case I had problems with my reloads, which, I haven't.

I did set aside the 50 rounds of factory 158gr cartridges to save for if I ever see any knockdowns, been shooting three years round these parts and haven't seen one yet.

Noticed I am getting low on shot gun shells, I should have enough to do the annual this coming weekend including side matches, but will need some before the next match after that. Checked my local Walmart a few days ago, they don't seem to stock the low noise low recoil shells any more. I'll have to try another walmart this week, but if I have to pay sporting goods store prices I'm gonna have to get serious about reloading shotshells too.

Dave, if Wally World floor plans hold true to form, they've moved some of the shotgun shells to a location around the corner from where they used to keep them, along the wall. I nearly missed them day before yesterday. I was about to express my displeasure when I noticed them against the wall on a shelf with the STSs.

Yesterday's brass is in the tumbler..

Good opening for a country song. :lol:

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Hey Grizz, where's your 3 day shoot? Mine is at Logan Iowa, just was wondering if your coming to this shoot

Regards ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

ENG, no, Iowa is too hot and humid for me :D Going to the Shootout at Pawnee Station in Wellington, CO. It's close enough I could drive back and forth each day if I had to, but I'll get a motel a couple nights and save myself 2.5-3 hours of driving each day. EDIT, not to mention I won't have to get up nearly as early to make it to the range :D

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

ENG, no, Iowa is too hot and humid for me :D Going to the Shootout at Pawnee Station in Wellington, CO. It's close enough I could drive back and forth each day if I had to, but I'll get a motel a couple nights and save myself 2.5-3 hours of driving each day. EDIT, not to mention I won't have to get up nearly as early to make it to the range :D

Have a great shoot, I can't wait to mine

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Subdeacon Joe, You got a good recipe for some slaw with vinegar and such?

Not the cream style.

Here you go, BMC. Sorry it took me so long, I had some computer problems.

Dressing:

3/4 cup sugar (or less, depending on your taste)

1 or 2 teaspoon salt

2/3 cup vegetable oil - or a mix of olive and vegetable oils.

1 to 2 teaspoon dry mustard

1 Tablespoon celery seed

1 cup cider vinegar

Maybe grate a little onion into it if you want some bite (grate, not chop), and a pinch of cayenne can be nice too. But that will get you going, play with it to make it to your taste.

Good on a spinach or broccoli salad too. Brown up some bacon, remove from pan, take out most of the grease, then deglaze the pan with maybe 1/2 cup of the dressing, pour over the veggies, crumble bacon over it all.

Got my 3 day annual western shoot coming up this week, Fri, Sat and Sun !

Grizz, weather here is to be mid 70's....drive on over !

I dar ya !! :lol: :lol:

Got my 3 day annual western shoot coming up this week, Fri, Sat and Sun !

Grizz, weather here is to be mid 70's....drive on over !

I dar ya !! :lol: :lol:

Too far to drive, only sposed to be mid 80s here, and maybe cloudy, I'm hoping for cloudy but no raid.

Feelin kinda puny as it is, don't need no more driving than I have to do.

Archived