SASS Wire Forum

Guncart Wheels

Rowdy Rex, SASS #71002

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I USED to like them air-filled once too.

That was until I had 4 flats. It was due to a bunch of Colorado goat heads. :angry:

I can hook you up with a feller with tons (literally) of used steel spoked wheels. :lol:

Mustang Gregg

I got my spoked wheels at Tractor Supply, they had them in stock (which is amazing in this area) for $27.95. I wanted the larger diameter so the cart would roll over rocks & stuff easier. They aren't true pneumatic but they do have some spring to them & won't ever go flat.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tools/material-handling/wheels/titan-casters-trade-16-in-x-1-75-wheel-with-wire-spoke-hub-ribbed-tread-3549914

You can get the pneumatic tires filled with foam at most tire stores. Good investment if you have flint and /or locust thorn problems like we do here in the Ozarks. Both our wheelbarrows and our riding mower have all foam-filled tires and it was worth every penny.

Bodine

Rowdy,

If they are 12", I have them in stock..Thats what I use on the carts I make. Call me.

Hellfire

Down here we have an abundance of cactus that can seemingly flatten darn near anything. I have relegated myself to use solid wheels for now. Can't beat some of the surpluscenter.com prices. They have a constantly changing stock so keep an eye on their site for new stuff.

Used these on my last cart and they were great (for $4 each).

Wheels Link

You can get the pneumatic tires filled with foam at most tire stores. Good investment if you have flint and /or locust thorn problems like we do here in the Ozarks. Both our wheelbarrows and our riding mower have all foam-filled tires and it was worth every penny.

Bodine

================================================

I have an air compressor cart with pneumatic tires that won't stay inflated. Foam sounds like a great fix for that.

Archived