SASS Wire Forum

David Robbins

David Robbins (of Oregon) not to be confused with David L. Robbins (of Virginia)is a prolific writer of many genre. If you are familiar with Mack Bolan aka the Executioner, he has ghost written many books carrying the late Don Pendelton's pen name among other. He has ghost written hundreds of Westerns including Wilderness Written as David Thompson, White Apache as Jake McMasters, Davy Crockett as David Thompson, Compton Novels as Ralph Compton and The Trailsman. Now he seems to be breaking out and using his own name. I recently picked up "Ride to Valor and read it in two days. It is the story of a New York street kid in the 1860s who becomes a Cavalryman in the West of the 1870s. I followed that with one of the 10 or so Compton novels he wrote "Wolf in the Fold" and read it in three days. I am now reading Fatal Justice, another Ralph Compton novel he wrote and it is so far as easy and compelling a read as the other two.

I highly recommend picking up some of Mr. Robbin's material either in his name or sombody else's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_L._Robbins_(Oregon_writer)

Archived