SASS Wire Forum

Actions that make heroes

A historic Colt .45-caliber, semi-automatic pistol stolen more than 30 years ago from a Medal of Honor winner in South Carolina has been returned to its rightful owner.

The gun and owner were reunited after a history buff in Medford, who bought the old handgun in an online auction last month, tracked down the retired Marine whose name is engraved on it.

Story here

It's nice to see there are folks with integrity and honor left in our country for so many would be tempted to keep such a nice piece of military history. It was a great gesture by both men.

You and I may not, but to that old Marine(who is a hero to the rest of us), the return of his cherished memento might make George Berry a hero in his eyes.

Guess it's all kind of relative to where you're standing.

Yeah...perspective does change things.

I would be hard pressed to call Mr. Berry a hero for what he did. But most assuredly he is a generous gentleman, with the nicest sense of honor and justice. His example is truly worthy of emulation.

I dunno Joe, doesn't sound like a BAD definition of a hero. What a great story! Heroes come in every shape and size.

JHC

It's nice to see there are folks with integrity and honor left in our country for so many would be tempted to keep such a nice piece of military history. It was a great gesture by both men.

+1

Rather than a heroic deed, I would have to say it was more of "The Cowboy Way". :FlagAm:

Archived