SASS Wire Forum

What Actors or Movies Inspired You?

Aunt Jen

I would have to say Vic Morrow in Combat as Sgt. Chip Saunders. Great job in bringing a character alive, rather then a cardboard caricature. MT

Wow! I had forgotten all about that show..We used to watch it every week when I was a youngun'..And Sarge was my favorite character! B)

During the golden age of Hollywood we had actors that were PROUD to be AMERICANS.:FlagAm:

They did movies to get people fired up, get them to join. They had ideals and knew what they were. I admired all of theml.

The new generation does not have the core beliefs as the older actors had The movies they made guided a young man to make a decision to support his country regardless of the branch he chose.

They were not the namby pamby people we have today. Threaten to leave the US if so and so is elected President (they are not gone) Hollywood can guide the people of this country with very little effort. Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Audy Murphy, Captain Kangaroo, Charles Bronson, Clayton Moore and many,mnay more set the tone, we should be proud of.Vic Morrow, and may,many more! Some did not fight, they were needed here, and for that they should be thanked for they did a lot!

During the golden age of Hollywood we had actors that were PROUD to be AMERICANS.:FlagAm:

They did movies to get people fired up, get them to join. They had ideals and knew what they were. I admired all of theml.

The new generation does not have the core beliefs as the older actors had The movies they made guided a young man to make a decision to support his country regardless of the branch he chose.

They were not the namby pamby people we have today. Threaten to leave the US if so and so is elected President (they are not gone) Hollywood can guide the people of this country with very little effort. Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, Lee Marvin, Audy Murphy, Captain Kangaroo, Charles Bronson, Clayton Moore and many,mnay more set the tone, we should be proud of.Vic Morrow, and may,many more! Some did not fight, they were needed here, and for that they should be thanked for they did a lot!

Well said, Sir! :FlagAm:

Archived