SASS Wire Forum

2011 Redneck Fishing Tournament

Now, dat is just down rat stuipd !!! :wacko:

Dem folks should not be allowed to breed ! :blink:

Uh... actually, it's the Asian carp that should not be allowed to breed - at least not in a river in Illinois. :huh:

Alas, once a species is introduced into a environment and allowed to reproduce at least two generations, it is very difficult to eradicate them. Since the asian carp are in the river system,

I doubt that it is possible to do so at all. The only solution that game management seems to

have in controlling them is to introduce another prey species into the habitat. That too, is fraught with hazards.

My suggestion would be to find a way to harvest them on an ongoing basis as either a food source or as a fertilizer. I am not familiar with the species, but they appear to be rather large and I suppect that they are very much like the grass carp, another asian transplant of great value.

Alas, once a species is introduced into a environment and allowed to reproduce at least two generations, it is very difficult to eradicate them. Since the asian carp are in the river system,

I doubt that it is possible to do so at all. The only solution that game management seems to

have in controlling them is to introduce another prey species into the habitat. That too, is fraught with hazards.

My suggestion would be to find a way to harvest them on an ongoing basis as either a food source or as a fertilizer. I am not familiar with the species, but they appear to be rather large and I suppect that they are very much like the grass carp, another asian transplant of great value.

I think same could be said about us Rednecks

That might apply to the first sentence, but I doubt that many rednecks came from asia. :lol:

On a serious note, at one time Lake Huron had a very big yellow perch fishery. Commercial fishers would net them and sell them to vendors on the beaches for fish fry. It was apparently a very lucrative business, but the down side is that they overfished the resource. The money went out of the process, and the fish came back. It took a while but there is some decent fishing in Lake Huron once again. A profit motive and a strong incentive will produce a very diminishing affect on any species.

That might apply to the first sentence, but I doubt that many rednecks came from asia. :lol:

On a serious note, at one time Lake Huron had a very big yellow perch fishery. Commercial fishers would net them and sell them to vendors on the beaches for fish fry. It was apparently a very lucrative business, but the down side is that they overfished the resource. The money went out of the process, and the fish came back. It took a while but there is some decent fishing in Lake Huron once again. A profit motive and a strong incentive will produce a very diminishing affect on any species.

THERE IS A SOLUTION......

LL

Man, put me on the front deck of one of those boats with my Baikal and a big box of shells!!!

PULL!!

Only in America.....

A solution,

Check this out!

Omega Fish Oil

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Uh... actually, it's the Asian carp that should not be allowed to breed - at least not in a river in Illinois. :huh:

Well, I was talkin' bout the crap........er.............carp and da folks da released dem !

Nah just 3 S x S and pair of friends behind you to be loaders like they used to do on driven Grouse and pheasant hunts (of course the shooter should be in a tweed outfit the loaders in moleskin with flat caps and a good forelock to tug at when speaking to the governor doing the shooting.... Hey how about a shotgun stage where each shooter has two loaders and 2 extra shotguns? (DG&R) :rolleyes:

Archived