SASS Wire Forum

Friday Pizza night

Grizzly Dave

((sets platter of gyro slices on table))

OK! Meat is ready! I still got about half the cone to carve, so don't be shy. The pitas are the big soft Greek ones, not the thin Arab version.

χωριάτικη σαλάτα is there next to it, I dressed it with olive oil, lemon juice, a little lime juice, then a light sprinkle of fresh oregano and some sea salt.

The tzatziki is that white stuff next to it. Also got tomato wedges, feta cubes, kalamatas, pepperoncini, and romaine lettuce to throw on it.

I gotta a full bottle of Bulleit Rye small batch. We kin pass it around. I gotta shoot tomorrow at Zen Shootists so I doan wanna haf it all to my selves.

CPK

I'll help Ya (HICK) Chill Per Kido !!

I'll help Ya (HICK) Chill Per Kido !!

Yore a pard ta ride da river wif(hic), helpin me out wif dis old bottle.

CPK

Ok. I had my people call Trace Adkins' people, and his people informed my people that he does not cook nearly as well as Griz. :wub: So I think I'll stay here in the Saloon tonight and enjoy with you all.

For those of you with taste—sorry! :P

For those who just want good folks and good food— great. B)

I went to the pizza shop/restaurant that I used to go to in high school. (Carmella's pizza) Haven't been there in years. I ordered a cheese and pepperoni and could hardly wait to pick it up. It was always my favorite pizza. Well.........the grandson has taken over the business and it's take out only, no delivery and the pizza tasted like any other crappy pizza out there. I was really disappointed but then again pizza is like SEX, even when it''s bad it's still pretty good!!!!!!!!!!:wub::lol:

I went to the pizza shop/restaurant that I used to go to in high school. (Carmella's pizza) Haven't been there in years. I ordered a cheese and pepperoni and could hardly wait to pick it up. It was always my favorite pizza. Well.........the grandson has taken over the business and it's take out only, no delivery and the pizza tasted like any other crappy pizza out there. I was really disappointed but then again pizza is like SEX, even when it''s bad it's still pretty good!!!!!!!!!!:wub::lol:

RYE !!! WHAT'S DA MATTER WIF YA !? :blink:

It's all good......just some better den others, dat's all !! ;)

Ok, pass dat bottle of rye over here.....Rye's had too much fun tonight. I'll keep a watch on dis bottle..............

Da contents is a differant story !! :lol:

Wifie was watching TV and they said that the Iowa State Fair had deep fried butter. She got all

excited about it. I suspect, from her comments, that we will not be having deep fried butter at

BMC's house. :unsure:

Got the car all loaded up with cart, leather, ammo, hats and etc for me and for my 'date'

Only thing left is me and the cold drinks and the guns, that'll wait til morning.

Bought a box of granola bars yesterday, figured it had just enough for tomorrow and the annual match next weekend, went to grab it from the pantry closet and all that remains is an empty box. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Yore a pard ta ride da river wif(hic), helpin me out wif dis old bottle.

CPK

Yur wel(HICK) come.....Per Kido......(HICK) Yur welco(HICK)me ! :wacko: :wacko:

Got the car all loaded up with cart, leather, ammo, hats and etc for me and for my 'date'

Only thing left is me and the cold drinks and the guns, that'll wait til morning.

Bought a box of granola bars yesterday, figured it had just enough for tomorrow and the annual match next weekend, went to grab it from the pantry closet and all that remains is an empty box. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Yup got Pearl (the truck) all loaded up. Just about my last jar of Salsa to take for

the post shoot shinannygins.

Insteada granola bars I take jerky & biscuits. Da granola bars never last long enuff.

CPK

Still some left at my house, help yourself.

So did you go see Trace?

No. I left this above:

"Ok. I had my people call Trace Adkins' people, and his people informed my people that he does not cook nearly as well as Griz. So I think I'll stay here in the Saloon tonight and enjoy with you all.

For those of you with taste—sorry!

For those who just want good folks and good food— great. "

What? Only one hot, whole, large, thin sausage and black-olive pizza left that you all have left for just me? Oh: There is a god. :)

No. I left this above:

"Ok. I had my people call Trace Adkins' people, and his people informed my people that he does not cook nearly as well as Griz. So I think I'll stay here in the Saloon tonight and enjoy with you all.

For those of you with taste—sorry!

For those who just want good folks and good food— great. "

What? Only one hot, whole, large, thin sausage and black-olive pizza left that you all have left for just me? Oh: There is a god. :)

AJ, don't look now , but I tank another one just apeared in da oven !!!!

Now, how did dat happen, I wonder ?

CB, as I was loading the car my body was telling me no way too, but have a young lady really looking forward to shooting her first match with me, so I can't disappoint her.

Besides, all my ammo is loaded up, need to make some empties so I have something to load.

Grizz

Been taking pain killers all week , I might make it through a match , don't think it would be wise to try it though . I have not shot in better than a month , relly want to , but ................

Ya'll have a good shoot , like you if I was taking a new shooter , I would be there , most likely would not shoot , but I would be there .

CB

CB, referring back a couple of posts, I won't shoot clean, no way, never shot a match at this range clean. The host ranges minimum target distance is a bit farther out than other places I shoot. Still a whole lot of fun, and good practice, but more challenging to shoot clean.

Oh my goodness did someone say "Trace Adkins"???

Mr. Hip Action himself....

that man has got it goin' on!

I've got a thing for mischievous grins

Yes, I did mention him. I didn't go to a concert by him at the County Fair tonight, opting to stay here and have pizza with you all. :) Of course, being tired factored into it, too. But I think I was also just in the mood for one of Griz' pizzas. :wub:

I'll be preparing the pizza, or some of it.

Hey Subdeacon Joe, how about doing up some gyros? Lots of feta on mine please, and miz Grizz will want extra tedziki (sp) sauce.

There will be a small table in the back for Badger to put his tofu on, right next to the big cuspidor.

Drinks are on Willie Wheelgun's tab until he wanders in and puts a stop to it!

Grizz

Gyros... reminds me of Chicago and Madison ... Years ago when I was going to college part time at NIU a friend of mine knew a bunch of familys with greek and mexican and pizza places in Chicago and Madison Wi. The first time I went to have a Gyro.. I was in love with a melted feta cheese dish, that had brandy heated in a spoon, lite on fire and tossed on the cheese at your table.. it was soooo good.. I ate so much of it on hard bread that I ate little of my gyro.. but the blend of meat and the sauce made me eat some..lol.. So, I might have to pass on the pizza for that.. lol

Archived