SASS Wire Forum

Fun, Enjoyment and Love

Aunt Jen

You know, I just wanted to remind us all that however much we may struggle over things—types of guns, whether or not to slick them, club politics, international politics, economics, the weather at a shoot, what kind of cart to build, costuming, or what kind of car to drive—I do think that what it should all come down to in SASS is the fun of it, the enjoyment of our life, and our ability to love ourselves and each other.

More and more, I'm impressed with how short life is. I question the meaning of it all, often, and I'm left with the answer that I really don't know the meaning of it all. But I do know it's a miracle, and we're here.

If the greatest thing in the universe is Life, then the greatest wrong would be to fail to appreciate it.

What does that mean to me? It means Love it. Enjoy it. Celebrate every fleeting moment of it and make it permanent.

It's like Sky Diving, Rocky Mountain Climbing. It's like 2.7 seconds on a Bull named Fu Manchu, as it were. But the song is no joke. Because that time will come when we will need to have lived and loved to the fullest.

I don't know why I wanted to share. But I encourage everyone to love their aging ole dawg, their rusted ole pickup, and the simple feel of the earth beneath our feet—as much as we also may love a new puppy, that brand, spanking new car, and the sky we fly through.

Here I went and did the spiritual thing again. :blush: But that's the way I'm feeling.

Love,

AJ

I have enjoyed everything that life has given me, even the pain and loss. I wouldn't trade my experiences for the world.

I have done that, A.J. I will contenue to do that also !!

I have Mother Earth under my feet, Father Sky to light the way and the Blessed Creator to guide me in life.

Now as far as SASS goes....WE may pick, aurge and fight with words amogst our selfs, but.....

Let some outsider who does not what to be a member of SASS try to tear us down, we all stand together !! :FlagAm:

I have done that, A.J. I will contenue to do that also !!

I have Mother Earth under my feet, Father Sky to light the way and the Blessed Creator to guide me in life.

Now as far as SASS goes....WE may pick, aurge and fight with words amogst our selfs, but.....

Let some outsider who does not what to be a member of SASS try to tear us down, we all stand together !! :FlagAm:

Yea, Apache!

You know, I just wanted to remind us all that however much we may struggle over things—types of guns, whether or not to slick them, club politics, international politics, economics, the weather at a shoot, what kind of cart to build, costuming, or what kind of car to drive—I do think that what it should all come down to in SASS is the fun of it, the enjoyment of our life, and our ability to love ourselves and each other.

More and more, I'm impressed with how short life is. I question the meaning of it all, often, and I'm left with the answer that I really don't know the meaning of it all. But I do know it's a miracle, and we're here.

If the greatest thing in the universe is Life, then the greatest wrong would be to fail to appreciate it.

What does that mean to me? It means Love it. Enjoy it. Celebrate every fleeting moment of it and make it permanent.

It's like Sky Diving, Rocky Mountain Climbing. It's like 2.7 seconds on a Bull named Fu Manchu, as it were. But the song is no joke. Because that time will come when we will need to have lived and loved to the fullest.

I don't know why I wanted to share. But I encourage everyone to love their aging ole dawg, their rusted ole pickup, and the simple feel of the earth beneath our feet—as much as we also may love a new puppy, that brand, spanking new car, and the sky we fly through.

Here I went and did the spiritual thing again. :blush: But that's the way I'm feeling.

Love,

AJ

You never do know.. my first husband died we were very young I never expected him to be sick.. he was pretty darn tough. We were the best for each other, so I guess you think you have them forever.. things I could have done or said are long gone now.

I don't know about anyone else but my first love was like a freight train in the night. Suddenly you are swept up in it all ... and then it was gone.

Mature love is different and just as wonderful if it is right.. like the love of an old dog or and old pickup.. the love of your best friend and lover in life are deep, lasting, refreshing daily, and never ending in your heart.

As I age I have found people to be the focus, they keep me grounded, make me laugh.. and make me see a clear path to the light of Heaven.. I am blessed no doubt about it.. If I never find that perfect love again, I will still be very happy with my life. It if full of love from friends and family.. and I am busy.. and God loves me..

Part of why discussions on the wire get a bit heated at times is that we have a passion for the CAS game. We just don't always agree on what it is, or should be. Then there are a few who just like to start an argument.

Part of why discussions on the wire get a bit heated at times is that we have a passion for the CAS game. We just don't always agree on what it is, or should be. Then there are a few who just like to start an argument.

Yeah I know I am a born fighter.. lol.. Let me go load my rugers.. lol

I like to think of myself more as a peace maker. But if I can't be one, I guess I'll just carry one or a replica! :D

I used to love a good debate, but find myself more and more not enjoying them. Maybe someday I'll find a way to keep myself out of them :D Most times you wind up with two people or groups who will never agree, and often don't even try to understand the other's position. I do try to try to understand where folks are coming from even though I don't agree with them.

11:30 at night and I'm still roasting, c'mon winter!

Archived