SASS Wire Forum

The Institution Of Marriage

I found this to be a complelling thought regarding the institution of marriage. This is for INFO ONLY and just wanted to share.

http://www.myfamilytalk.com/Broadcasts/Broadcast?i=fbde83b1-954e-4f83-a641-3ba15976ab55

GG ~ :FlagAm:

"Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?"~~ Groucho Marx

I was institutionalized 32 years ago today! :excl:

Hoping for at least another 32. :wub:

Waimea

:FlagAm:

"Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?"~~ Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx unfortunately, with a limited understanding of 'institution', was making his point refering to point# 3 below:

1. an organization, establishment, foundation, society, or the like, devoted to the promotion of a particular cause or program, especially one of a public, educational, or charitable character: This college is the best institution of its kind. 2. the building devoted to such work. 3. a public or private place for the care or confinement of inmates, especially mental patients or other disabled or handicapped persons. 4. Sociology . a well-established and structured pattern of behavior or of relationships that is accepted as a fundamental part of a culture, as marriage: the institution of the family. 5. any established law, custom, etc

GG ~ :FlagAm: .

Groucho Marx unfortunately, with a limited understanding of 'institution', was making his point refering to point# 3 below:

1. an organization, establishment, foundation, society, or the like, devoted to the promotion of a particular cause or program, especially one of a public, educational, or charitable character: This college is the best institution of its kind. 2. the building devoted to such work. 3. a public or private place for the care or confinement of inmates, especially mental patients or other disabled or handicapped persons. 4. Sociology . a well-established and structured pattern of behavior or of relationships that is accepted as a fundamental part of a culture, as marriage: the institution of the family. 5. any established law, custom, etc

GG ~ :FlagAm: .

Groucho was being hilarious. As usual. :lol:

Swordfish!

Groucho was being hilarious. As usual. :lol:

Swordfish!

Hence my point - politicians and comedians only use a certain definition of things to suit their agendas ;)

Hence my point - politicians and comedians only use a certain definition of things to suit their agendas ;)

Yup. The agenda of comedians is to get laughs.

As for politicians...... :blink::angry:

43 years this December. :D

Waimea

Congratulations! I've been in for 20, and as long as she doesn't wise up, I'm hoping for many, many more myself.

Gunner & Doc

Thanks kindly.

Can't hardly say enough good things about The Wife.

She's purdy and sweet.

And She's willin' to put up with me. That's tops in my Book of Life.

I think I'll do somethin' nice for her today ...

... Like take out the trash. :lol:

Just kidding. We got a whole day of fun planned.

Ride easy, Pards

Waimea

It will be 48 years in Apirl.We have had a few tough trails in the last 3 years with her cancer but I dont want to ride this trail along.She is my heart and my soul.

After 53 years maybe we should.......naaaa, she would never agree to that. :blink:

Besides then I would have to get dressed up in a suit and tie. :wacko:

There is the reception after, and all the booze and food........ :unsure: well, mebbe that

idea has merit. :)

Be thirty-five this Sunday, legally! :wub:

Made a lot of jokes about it over the years, but it's mostly been easy and generally fun. :rolleyes:

The only thing she ever asks me when I tell her I'm plannin' on doing something is.... (she cocks her head to one side and looks at me with those bright blue eyes, kinda' sideways) "You got the money?"

SERIOUSLY!! I could be talkin' about jumpin' off the Empire State Building and that would be her only question!! :lol::lol::lol:

Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot. --Groucho Marx

Har - anyone who can see through a woman might have an advantage :D

A number of really cool histories here... brings a smile! ^_^

Thank goodness the thread wasn't about "Bert 'n' Ernie!" :rolleyes:

A number of really cool histories here... brings a smile! ^_^

Thank goodness the thread wasn't about "Bert 'n' Ernie!" :rolleyes:

they are just friends ;)

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

Waimea

Gee, I guess that means I was paroled on June 29.

Yep, if you marry the right person, there is nothing like it!

If you marry the wrong person, there is nothing like that either!

Yep, if you marry the right person, there is nothing like it!

If you marry the wrong person, there is nothing like that either!

Ha! Agreed!!!

There is nothing like it with the right person, had it twice.. one died the other got into booze.. .. And I would never go down that road again with the wrong person.. so I guess i am destine to listen to the stories you all tell .. cuz I am a horrible judge of character.. lol.. But I love the respect and honor all of you show for marriage.. and I love just hanging out and listening too it.. and being a SaSS sister.. that is cool enough for me..

Good night .. and sweet dreams.. and thanks for sharing with me..

Deja

Archived