SASS Wire Forum

Bacon wrapped Steak...

Deja Vous

Tomorrow night I need to do laundry and clean my house.. so I will make steak on the grill. I love Kabobs.. but I have some extra bacon. Being a extra thick bacon kinda gal.. I have some left over and I think I will wrap my steak.. and smother with with garlci.. and cook onions and peppers on the side.. I am out of mushrooms.. but I can deal with it... Normally I soak my kabobs with olive oil but since I am doing the bacon thing I guess I can just put olive oil on them and grill the veggies?

Of course you can... but go kinda light on the garlci~! ^_^

There are some wonderful grill pans available these days for vegetables... :)

mmmmm, kabobs.

You need to pick up some mushrooms on yer way home though.

You are so right.. lol.. I will have to do that..

Of course you can... but go kinda light on the garlci~! ^_^

There are some wonderful grill pans available these days for vegetables... :)

Hardpans.. I have considered the grill pans.. I think they might be pretty cool.. but I would NEVER consider light on garlic.. lol.... From here on out in my life it is HEAVY HEAVY and Double doses of garlic.. lol

If you feel kinda out-of-the-box I would soak the steak in Teriyaki sauce then later wrap it in bacon.

Interesting idea!!! Thanks..

Hardpans.. I have considered the grill pans.. I think they might be pretty cool.. but I would NEVER consider light on garlic.. lol.... From here on out in my life it is HEAVY HEAVY and Double doses of garlic.. lol

GOOD~!! :lol:

Tomorrow night I need to do laundry and clean my house.. so I will make steak on the grill. I love Kabobs.. but I have some extra bacon. Being a extra thick bacon kinda gal.. I have some left over and I think I will wrap my steak.. and smother with with garlci.. and cook onions and peppers on the side.. I am out of mushrooms.. but I can deal with it... Normally I soak my kabobs with olive oil but since I am doing the bacon thing I guess I can just put olive oil on them and grill the veggies?

Other way around - saute the peppers and onions in the bacon, add the crushed garlic towards the end. Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces,

Brown the bacon to reduce the fat, then add the peppers and onions to saute in the fat with the bacon pieces . . .

The steak should be fried in a pan with only pepper and salt on it - in a cast iron skillet with a touch of olive oil to wet the iron.

You can do this on a grill, but as long as the steak is touching heavy metal when it cooks - you'll do fine . . ..

Gotta preserve that purity of essence in the steak - doncha know . . . .

SC

p.s - follow with a good Merlot or better, a good single malt . . .

If you like garlic so much you will have to go to the Gilroy Garlic festival, Everything garlic !

[This is a simple one:

Blanch the bacon, this removes the fat and the salt ( it will take about 4 minutes in a rolling boil). You will do better to add it back later.

In a hot skillet brown the steak on both sides. Use some of grape seed oil or olive oil in the pan. Make sure you have a dry surface on the steak. A bit of salt and pepper to before you brown the steak. ( I like it just warm). Remove the steak and let it rest in foil.

Then add some shallots to the pan with a bit of the chopped up bacon and let them get soft.

Have a bit of good white wine (yes white) to de-glaze the pan and a tablespoon of good brown mustard ready.

When the shallots are ready and the bacon has lost all of the white in the fatty part add the wine.... it will flame! when the wine/bacon/shallots are reduced by half start adding about 1/4 stick of unsalted butter and the mustard. Keep stirring as this will become thick very quickly. Keep the heat low and do not let it bubble. Add back in the steak and spoon this sauce over the steak to reheat it. The sauce will get thicker the longer you keep it going.

Serve it over some long grain rice with the sauce....

This dish is super with a strong veggie like Italian squash...

Your milage may vary... and this will be good,

Toke

quote name=ShadowCatcher' timestamp='1312953128' post='2244428]

Other way around - saute the peppers and onions in the bacon, add the crushed garlic towards the end. Cut the bacon into 1/2 inch pieces,

Brown the bacon to reduce the fat, then add the peppers and onions to saute in the fat with the bacon pieces . . .

The steak should be fried in a pan with only pepper and salt on it - in a cast iron skillet with a touch of olive oil to wet the iron.

You can do this on a grill, but as long as the steak is touching heavy metal when it cooks - you'll do fine . . ..

SC

GOOD~!! :lol:

Rotfl... Hardpans.. you make me laugh.. very cool.. I want that huge string of garlic.. lol

SC

Thanks Shadows. that does sound great.. And the merlot is nice.. as is a good beer, or a nice scotch as long as you don;'t ruin it with soda.. lol..but just a tiny bit.. please.. lol.. very cool.. thanks..

If you like garlic so much you will have to go to the Gilroy Garlic festival, Everything garlic !

I do love garlic.. and Yeah.. I would love a garlic ..fest.. but then I would eat garlic raw so they might kick me out of the place.. lol

Great minds think alike.....

I'm gonna do steaks fer dinner tomorry night as well...

With lots o' garlic, and my special rub....

Portabellas and saute'd vegetables,

Stop at the 99¢ store fer mushrooms....

Maybe a bit o' red wine too...

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

I do love garlic.. and Yeah.. I would love a garlic ..fest.. but then I would eat garlic raw so they might kick me out of the place.. lol

Nope you would fit right in Deja they even have garlic Ice Cream

Great minds think alike.....

I'm gonna do steaks fer dinner tomorry night as well...

With lots o' garlic, and my special rub....

Portabellas and saute'd vegetables,

Stop at the 99¢ store fer mushrooms....

Maybe a bit o' red wine too...

JJJ-D

Oh, man your portabellas are to die for.. lol... so... ah.. you are shipping some to me right? lol

Nope you would fit right in Deja they even have garlic Ice Cream

now that is toooooo cool... lol.. Garlic is such a strong flavor like Onion.. yum... I might fit in there.. but they would kick me out of every place on the way home.. lol

now that is toooooo cool... lol.. Garlic is such a strong flavor like Onion.. yum... I might fit in there.. but they would kick me out of every place on the way home.. lol

garlic feastival

you just miss it it was a couple weeks ago

garlic feastival

I always miss the cool parts .. loll. Thanks very nice...

Yummy . . bacon & garlic . . two of my favorite things. :)

Oh, man your portabellas are to die for.. lol... so... ah.. you are shipping some to me right? lol

Take a 4 oz jar of pureed garlic and an equal measure of olive oil to make a smooth paste.

Take two 5-6 inch Diameter Portabello 'shrooms, and coat the interior and exterior liberally with Garlic mix.

Place in a small roasting pan and into a 550 oven for six minutes, turn over and repeat.

Serve as is. It could pass for a steak - or make a darn good side to one!

SA

I ken feel my artiries hardin jest thinkin bout that---

Makin me hungry too!!!!!!!

LOL

Pepper and very lightly salt steak

Wrap with bacon

Cook on moderate heat on the bbq with hickory chunks

Gether some spring wild onions, chop'em

Put some sweet corn, caked in mud into the fire caols

Put 5 gallon water on to boil

Add salt, and add black beans

Cover and let simmer till done

Remove corn and let cold

Break mud off, put shuck down add big pat of butter

Add salt to taste

Wash dis fine western style meal down with beer or a bourbon

Followed by a damn good ceegar !!! :P

We have some chefs on here!! lol... JJJ's you know you would have to drink most of the wine.. lol.. Apaches.. scotch on the rocks or with water works.. too.. but just a bit.. I never knew so many guys that can cook.. I am proud of all of you!!!!!!!!!!!! And the Cigar.. you bet.. you smoke I sniff.. love the smell but I don't partake in smoking.. I turn green.. not my best color.. lol

We have some chefs on here!! lol... JJJ's you know you would have to drink most of the wine.. lol.. Apaches.. scotch on the rocks or with water works.. too.. but just a bit.. I never knew so many guys that can cook.. I am proud of all of you!!!!!!!!!!!! And the Cigar.. you bet.. you smoke I sniff.. love the smell but I don't partake in smoking.. I turn green.. not my best color.. lol

So did ya have yer steak?

I did.... Got distracted tho and over cooked the steaks a bit, pink rather than red....

Portabellas were great, as usual....

As it turned out I DID have some wine with the meal, a nice Petite Syrah from No Cal...

Off fer my beauty sleep before work tomorry,

JJJ-D

garlic feastival

My wife and I went to that about 10 years ago. Was very disappointing. Crowded, hard to see the demonstrations, food way over priced. Like, 6 bucks for about a cup of rice topped with 4 shrimp (41-50 size) and a little sauce. The only good thing was that we got the tickets for free. And, since we got there right at opening, when we left after about 3 hours we worked our way over to Hwy 1 and had a lovely drive up the coast.

Archived